Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Davey, Yan, Zippy8

bryan beasley
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Sun May 17, 2009 7:41 pm

Ah, well done all - and a worthy winner me-thinks.

PM me an Addy Jay, and I'll pop your Q-Pro in the post.

Bryan

Yan

Sun May 17, 2009 8:03 pm

Great round, congratulations Martin.=D>
I enjoyed this one more than the last couple I've been in.

Thanks again to Mike for organising.

bring on round 13 :D

bryan beasley
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Sun May 17, 2009 8:14 pm

Yeah, nice work mike.

When you're sat on the platform with not much else to think about though - and I really don't want to cause too much hassle - any chance of the technical / style breakdown?

Just for self improvement purposes you understand?

Bryan

Zippy8
Topic Author

Mon May 18, 2009 9:56 am

Artistic

Technical

Highest single score - 10:10 (Martin Madsen)

People who got top score from someone - Martin Madsen, Will Sturdy, Dave Hearn, Mike Fogg.

As you should be able to see, the majority of the advantage for Martin was in his Artistic score. His routine flowed nicely together and that seemed to be recognised.

There are still a few rogue scores slipping through that deviate significantly from the average but it all comes out in the wash with 23 entrants.

Mike.

Infinitive

Mon May 18, 2009 10:22 am

Minimum 2 for artistic!? WTF!?

:( :(

I'd like to enact a motion to discard each entrant's highest and lowest score 8)
-------------------------------------- Al --------------------------------------

ObijuanKenobe

Mon May 18, 2009 10:48 am

Hmmm...I tend to agree with Al. I should NOT have gotten a 10 for artistic whatever. I just flew a bad diamond and some slots....

But then again, it seems to work well enough for selecting the top fliers, as there seems to be much more agreement when it really matters.

So if the middle 10 are not perfect, it's of course much more subjective and to be expected.

As long as the kites that are given away are always drawn at random...I'm OK with the program as is. :cool:

obi
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." L daVinci

Zippy8
Topic Author

Mon May 18, 2009 10:56 am

Infinitive wrote:
I'd like to enact a motion to discard each entrant's highest and lowest score 8)

You mean propose a motion. :P

To what end though ? As I said, the rogue scores (both high and low) will tend to even out in a high enough sample. It might prettify the results breakdown but have little~no effect on the results.

Different people see different things.

Here are the tables, on the left with all scores in and on the right with high/low discarded.
Technical
ImageImage
Artistic
ImageImage

You might disagree with some of the numbers but do you disagree with the results ?

Mike.

Infinitive

Mon May 18, 2009 11:14 am

Fair enough leave it as it is. Though I did gain a couple of places in artistic with my outrageous "2" discarded... but yes I agree with the results.

Considering my next lowest score was a perfectly reasonable 5, I am going to assume that the offending marker has trouble discerning the "2" button from the "5" button, after all they look very similar and are close together, some keyboards are small, some people have fat fingers etc etc. :P 8)
-------------------------------------- Al --------------------------------------

Sub

Mon May 18, 2009 3:20 pm

Infinitive wrote:
Fair enough leave it as it is. Though I did gain a couple of places in artistic with my outrageous "2" discarded... but yes I agree with the results.

Consider yourself grateful you didn't come second to last for doing a cascade, a snaplazy entry Jacobs Ladder, some half axels, and a Lewis.