Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Davey, Yan, Zippy8

ObijuanKenobe

Sun May 03, 2009 6:41 pm

Infinitive wrote:
I commence with "there's got to be a yofade, there's got to be a taz cascade, the rest can be filled with ladders and axels", which gradually degrades to "there's got to be no crashes, the rest can be filled with ladders and axels" :( :(

Gosh...now I feel in better company. Thanks, Al. :D

obi
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." L daVinci

benjai

Sun May 03, 2009 7:01 pm

Ha! I dream of a minute with no crashes!!! I usually have one or two takeoffs in mind and a couple of tricks I really want to get in there. This means I spend the first hour trying to get these done without crashing. Then, when I finally nail it, I suddenly panic beacuse I don't know what to do after this good 30 second start - so I crash!!! I think all VF entries should contain a compulsory lawn-dart - after all, if you're not crashing, you're not pushing the limits... Maybe I've just marked myself out as a n00b, but I don't care - I do VF as it forces me to have an objective for my flying, and an excuse to go flying all the time "well I'd love to stay and do the housework dear, but I really have to get my VF entry filmed, after all, I've paid the entry fee now and everything!" :lol:

Sub

Mon May 04, 2009 12:57 am

ObijuanKenobe wrote:
Infinitive wrote:
I commence with "there's got to be a yofade, there's got to be a taz cascade, the rest can be filled with ladders and axels", which gradually degrades to "there's got to be no crashes, the rest can be filled with ladders and axels" :( :(

Gosh...now I feel in better company. Thanks, Al. :D

obi

I've been stressing out about it too. And then I broke my Cosmic twice!! But finally I have some footage I can use and I'll also piece together an unused cuts vid for later on.
Looking forward to seeing your entries :cool:

Zippy8
Topic Author

Mon May 04, 2009 6:46 am

Last orders please. Already up to 20 entries :shock:

Mike.

ObijuanKenobe

Mon May 04, 2009 7:33 am

The response to my submission:

Zippy8 wrote:
I've forwarded your entry to the good people at Virtual Precision :P

OUCH.

That's hurts.

Esp. since the 'precision' in this video is shameful. I think it was meant as a commentary on the lack of freestyle. I have become the 'cryin on the inside' kind of clown.

Gosh, the guy running this thing is harsh. ;)

obi

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." L daVinci

Kamikaze
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Mon May 04, 2009 4:16 pm

Yet another late entry I am going to have to get more organised.

David
I am Editing the Wiki anything you would like adding please PM me.

Zippy8
Topic Author

Tue May 05, 2009 5:44 am

Just waiting for those outlying islands in the mid-Pacific to leave the 4th of May behind and then..... videos an' votin'.

23 entries; not too shabby. :)

Mike.