Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Davey, Yan, Zippy8

Zippy8
Topic Author

VF11 - the lead in

Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:02 pm

Hi all,

as those who've been watching the website might have gathered, plans are indeed afoot for Virtual Freestyle round 11. I will give you firm start 'n' finish dates once a few remaining ducks have been placed in a row. It will be kicking off sometime in January 2009 though and, as per usual, there will be 6 weeks or so to get your video submitted.

Presently we have three prizes to dish out but if anyone would like to donate some more, please get in touch (virtualfreestyle@gmail.com). As I've alluded to before the main prize is one that if you find yourself not interested in then you've wandered into the wrong forum by mistake.

Mike.

Davey

Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:20 pm

Absolutely brilliant Mike - Wonderful inspiration for VF11 :D
Davey
::
Nope, I hadn't fallen off the map. Although one would be excused for thinking so...

bryan beasley
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:45 pm

Ah, well he has a lot of time on his hands y'know.

In BTW mike. Gonna try and get hold of a Prism. ;-)

Bryan

Zippy8
Topic Author

Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:38 am

After some previous... discussion... over on the Prism forum, VF11 will also be holding a sub-round of the Prism Pilots' Challenge. A separate ranking and prize will be available to anyone entering using a Prism kite whilst still having the entrants as part of the main VF round.

Prize to be confirmed.

And for anyone that does want to be "In" now, please drop me a line to VF Central so that I can track this sort of thing with ruthless efficiency.

Mike.

Andy S
King of FA

Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:00 am

Can we have an Akuji flyers challenge just for people flying Soyokaze kites?

Zippy8
Topic Author

Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:04 am

Andy S wrote:

You provide the prize, I'll provide the number crunching. :-D

I am trying to convince the Prism Glee Squad to drop their inhibitions and join in with VF properly and I see this as a step in that direction.

Mike.

Fiction
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:06 am

Were I to borrow a Prism could I enter twice?
Rob
6Fivers aria del sud

Zippy8
Topic Author

Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:12 am

Fiction wrote:
Were I to borrow a Prism could I enter twice?

No. :P

PPC2 will be a subset of VF11 - enter VF11 with a Prism kite and you're in PPC2.

Mike.

bryan beasley
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:06 pm

Andy S wrote:

'Tis a worthy comment, and food for thought for all the other brands out there. Mini, kite / manufacturer specific VF's in between the 'all in' main rounds?

Bryan

WinterDaze

Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:40 pm

bryan beasley wrote:
Andy S wrote:

'Tis a worthy comment, and food for thought for all the other brands out there. Mini, kite / manufacturer specific VF's in between the 'all in' main rounds?

Bryan

G'day all,

Shannon here...

A few might know me, most won't though, I've just wandered over from the Prism site to stick my head in... :reappear: You guys have the best smilies!
:rockout2:
Mike has very kindly just helped us out with our little PPC competition, and thanks very much for your input Mike, I'd probably still be working out the results!

@ Bryan, this is the big question as I see it, do we bring all the 'virtual pilots' under one banner...

Or....

Look at a model that has 'feeder rounds'... (As the Prism comp seems to have also become)

My suspicion is that VF, as a single comp model might (and hopefully will) become entrant heavy over time, and is a subject I see that has been discussed here.

The 'Feeder Comp' model might keep everything in bite sized pieces (if you wanted), and possibly allow for some interesting mixing and matching down the track, like side comps as Bryan mentioned.

Might be wandering to far ahead but just thought I'd put it out there.

Looking forward to your discussion on this.

Regards,

Shannon :dancing:
Tako Kichi Gai

Zippy8
Topic Author

Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:16 am

WinterDaze wrote:
thanks very much for your input Mike

You're more than welcome.:-D

My suspicion is that VF, as a single comp model might become entrant heavy over time....The 'Feeder Comp' model might keep everything in bite sized pieces

Hmmm..... :-k the problem I see with "feeder comps." is that they are likely to be small, insular events. I'm not convinced there is any community healthy enough to sustain that sort of niche long term. It may be that VF does become unwieldly but I suspect that might be self-limiting (ie; too many people enter and this discourages more from entering).

I'd personally rather see VF continue and grow rather than split off into separate entities that might not be able to maintain the level of participation needed.

All of this is just opinion however. VF11 (possibly with PPC2 incorporated) is next up, let's see how that goes first.:wink:

Mike.