Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Davey, Yan, Zippy8

Zippy8
Topic Author

Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:56 pm

PieroS wrote:
I think I should maybe take a break from VF for a while. :lol:

'sup to you of course but... you are the Gold Standard for VF. I wonder if those who are in it to win it would prefer to have you around just to ensure that if they do manage to win that it really means something. Upsetting you at VF would be akin to besting Carl at Precision in the late 90s.

So... the prizes have been divvied up and they will be on there way soon. Anyone got a timetable request for #11 ? :wink:

Mike.

bryan beasley
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:58 pm

:thumbsup:

Nice job all. Thanks for playing.

Extra thanks to thems' that donated prizes this round (And of course Mike for asking nicely).

Bryan

(Oh yeah, well done P. :roll: - and Pete btw. )

Zippy8
Topic Author

Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:49 pm

All of the prize donors have been contacted and responded so the prizes should be with the lucky winner Real Soon Now™. Pictures of the recipients would be nice.

No-one seems to have offered up a date for when they'd like VF11 to kick off so..... would mid-January be OK or.... :-k

Any other variations/enhancements looked for in upcoming rounds ? (no, I don't think a one crash minimum would be a step forward):P

Mike.

tspdk

Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:20 pm

"..... would mid-January be OK or... "

I think that would be perfect , it a great time to start the VF11
Best Regards
Thomas

Will S

Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:21 pm

That would work superbly.

Popeye

Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:14 pm

:thumbsup:

Zippy8
Topic Author

Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:03 am

So unless I hear different can we pencil in a mid-January kick off and a deadline of March the 1st 2009 ? Any alternative dates.....

Oh yes.... main prize already very generously offered :-D If you miss out on a chance at this one you will kick yourself. And then I will kick you too.:evil:

Mike.

ObijuanKenobe

Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:02 pm

Well, don't want to sound too pushy...but I for one would love to make the deadline Feb 1st. But maybe that's a bit too little time for everyone given that there tend to be 'other things' happening in Dec. (I guess my finishing 80th doesn't give me too much say either :-# )

Certainly a March 1 closing date for VF11 gives everyone PLENTY of time to get a bit of video together they can live with. I can deal with that.

Are you maintaining administrative control then, Mike? :cool:

obi
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." L daVinci

Zippy8
Topic Author

Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:27 pm

ObijuanKenobe wrote:
Well, don't want to sound too pushy...

Heaven forbid :P

Certainly a March 1 closing date for VF11 gives everyone PLENTY of time to get a bit of video together they can live with.

Pretty much the point. I don't think any of us are at the stage of being able to maintain a rolling schedule of continuous VF rounds.

Are you maintaining administrative control then, Mike? :cool:

Davey has offered me the chance for now so I'll hang around for a bit. I won't make a career of it but for now I have the time. If anyone else fancies a crack at it, don't be shy.

BTW I'm not making a starting announcement of a start just yet. Ducks, in a row, etc.

Mike.

Sub

Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:17 pm

Zippy8 wrote:
Certainly a March 1 closing date for VF11 gives everyone PLENTY of time to get a bit of video together they can live with.

Pretty much the point. I don't think any of us are at the stage of being able to maintain a rolling schedule of continuous VF rounds.

also it gives people a chance to put in some practice time so there's a noticeable improvement in those who put in the effort.

Stan Doff
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:26 pm

Sub wrote:
also it gives people a chance.........

...to buy/borrow some device with the capability of recording moving pictures and maybe the services of an operator for same.

kitekid
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:57 pm

also it gives people a chance to put in some practice time so there's a noticeable improvement in those who put in the effort.

In that case can we schedule this for sometime in 2010?
:)
Steve

Sub

Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:01 pm

kitekid wrote:

In that case can we schedule this for sometime in 2010?
:)

that'll be great Steve, then we can both do JL's by then :P

Infinitive

Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:20 pm

Yo homies check out me prizes that me got for rocking out with da kitez in VF 10.
I also got me a NSE T-shirt which all me friends are jealous of.
Thanks R-Sky!
-------------------------------------- Al --------------------------------------

Zippy8
Topic Author

Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:26 pm

Infinitive wrote:
I also got me a NSE T-shirt which all me friends are jealous of.

Is it mostly the same as the last one but just a little bit bigger ? :-D

Thanks indeedy to R-Sky.:thumbsup:

Mike.