Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Davey, Yan, Zippy8

Davey
Topic Author

VF Format Discussion...

Sat Jun 17, 2006 11:40 pm

OK - Been looking at VF as a format, taking into consideration a discussion with AudioRob...

Some of the 'issues' raised included:
A lack of what are seen as 'big names' being involved.
Do we look at cajoling some of the bigger names into the format to increase it's 'visibilty' and possibility of adding more competitors?
'External' judging.
Have a handful of judges who're responsible for the scoring as opposed to purely peer-based scoring.
A prize 'bin'
Instead of only offering drawn prizes that there's the opportunity for winners in each class to choose from the prize 'bin' for that round.
More sponsorship/dealer approaches.
Asking some traders if they'd like to provide more prize support for the format?

The above wasn't an extensive list, and I have my own ideas (I'll tell you later) on the topics that were discussed, but I don't want to go all dictatorial on it (I'm always conscious that VF isn't really my format, I just happen to run the thing :)) and I would really value the opinions / suggestions from the flyers here on how they feel the format is as it stands and how it can improve/evolve.[/list]
Davey
::
Nope, I hadn't fallen off the map. Although one would be excused for thinking so...

Zippy8

Re: VF Format Discussion...

Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:53 am

Davey wrote:
A lack of what are seen as 'big names' being involved.Do we look at cajoling some of the bigger names into the format to increase it's 'visibilty' and possibility of adding more competitors?

I think that it's worth prodding a few of the more visible in-the-flesh competitors to take part but I don't think it's essential. Look at the past winners.... they're all pretty fair flyers :wink:

'External' judging.

No.

A prize 'bin'
Instead of only offering drawn prizes that there's the opportunity for winners in each class to choose from the prize 'bin' for that round.

Cracking idea. But with some random prizes on offer too.

More sponsorship/dealer approaches.
Asking some traders if they'd like to provide more prize support for the format?

Yes.

Mike.

audiorob

Sun Jun 18, 2006 6:42 am

Davey('s wife) had a brilliant idea to make peer judging way nicer than a judging panel..
Anyway this cake is great.
It's so delicious and moist

Davey
Topic Author

Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:12 pm

Anyone else have any thoughts on it???
Davey
Nope, I hadn't fallen off the map. Although one would be excused for thinking so...

Davey
Topic Author

Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:53 pm

I'm starting to pull a wee bit more together on VF - new draft site etc. is getting filled in at http://web.mac.com/davey.moore

Yes - I know that it's iWeb... Yes - I know that I haven't optimised the images... Yes - I know that it's a bit spartan...

It is, however, more progress than I've made over the past 12 mo. :)
Davey