Yan
Topic Author

Round 27 Videos.....

Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:14 pm

Yan
Topic Author

Re: Round 27 Videos.....

Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:20 pm

mmmm, not sure why the links aren't working, they work fine if you paste into your browser.

virtualfreestyle.com/video/VF27/VF27_all%20videos.zip

virtualfreestyle.com/video/VF27/VF27%20ScoreSheet.doc

Hawkerhunter
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:09 pm

Thanks Yan. Ive just gone through them all. Some serious flying in there. Judging will be hard for those involved.
Steve

In the bag
Talon UL, Talon standard(x2), Talon vented, Talon SUL Prism Q Pro, Elixir, Zephyr, E3, E2, Hypnotist, Nexus, 3D, Micron

http://www.facebook.com/northernmonkeyskitegroup.nmkg

Ara Ararauna

Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:09 pm

Great! I'm starting to give points now.
It's the first time I do that.
Tough thing! Even when I'm a university professor who has to grade his students! :P

BTW, I wouldn't have put the "Spain" postfix in my video file name. But now it's done... :-(

Anyway, does nationality matter in this contest? No, correct? So just ignore that postfix. :)

Cheers,

N.
In my bag...
Duals: No-name (No-brand), Nexus (Prism), Talon UL (JoE), Soul (Flying Wings), LeQuartz (own build), Illusion Classic (Prism), Aura 4.7Oz (Sky Burner), Sixth Sense STD (Krijn)
Singles: Conyne STD (my design)

Stan Doff
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:18 pm

Ara Ararauna wrote:
Tough thing! Even when I'm a university professor who has to grade his students! :P

The key words there are "professor" and "grade his students"
For this competition you may feel more like the student grading your professor.

The once I managed to get together a video and enter this I found myself passing judgement on 30 better flyers than myself.

Yan
Topic Author

Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:15 pm

Ara Ararauna wrote:

BTW, I wouldn't have put the "Spain" postfix in my video file name. But now it's done... :-(

Sorry that was me :-(

Ara Ararauna

Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:19 am

Stan Doff wrote:
Ara Ararauna wrote:

The key words there are "professor" and "grade his students"
For this competition you may feel more like the student grading your professor.

The once I managed to get together a video and enter this I found myself passing judgement on 30 better flyers than myself.

Oh, absolutely!

I was in no way trying to draw a parallel with the relationship between university and here. I was only trying to say that despite the fact that I have practice grading works, I find this quite tough here precisely because the expert-novice relation is completely inverted.

I'm actually pretty nervous about this. I'm pretty sure I will be the one with the lowest points (BTW is there a price for the worst? :) )
So now that I'm watching the videos with new eyes and have to not only appreciate them and salivate... I feel it is a great responsibility and that I really have to put my 6 senses to it.

Cheers!
Last edited by Ara Ararauna on Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
In my bag...
Duals: No-name (No-brand), Nexus (Prism), Talon UL (JoE), Soul (Flying Wings), LeQuartz (own build), Illusion Classic (Prism), Aura 4.7Oz (Sky Burner), Sixth Sense STD (Krijn)

Ara Ararauna

Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:20 am

Yan wrote:
Ara Ararauna wrote:

Sorry that was me :-(

No worries Yan, I already sent you an e-mail. :)

Good luck everyone wherever you are from! :D
In my bag...

adicakes
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:25 pm

Here is a Youtube playlist for those who prefer to stream the videos: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... TYXI6NiTqX

Keithgrif
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:34 pm

'The content owner has not made this video available on mobiles' for 5 of them. Very frustrating as I am using a tablet not a phone.
Keith
STACK UK
National Director 2006-2012

ExGrads pairs, fourth in Europe 2011!!!
Airheads team, 10th in the world 2012

pink

Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:49 pm

Yan can you post the code you putting in as zip-file links i think there is just one backslash to less or to many (not to sure) that is common mistake and it can be fixed for future use.
Prism Nexus, Chris Matheson - Midi Sandpiper, DIY Le Quartz, R-Sky Diablis, DIY Pink S.U.L
CIM - Fireman, DIY SunDog Fighter

http://pinkfloodesign.com/

Yan
Topic Author

Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:54 pm

pink wrote:
Yan can you post the code you putting in as zip-file links i think there is just one backslash to less or to many (not to sure) that is common mistake and it can be fixed for future use.

not sure what you mean? do you want this... virtualfreestyle.com/video/VF27/VF27_all%20videos.zip or http://virtualfreestyle.com/video/VF27/ ... videos.zip

adicakes
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:41 am

Keithgrif wrote:
'The content owner has not made this video available on mobiles' for 5 of them. Very frustrating as I am using a tablet not a phone.

Unfortunately there's not much I can do about that. :( The problem arises when certain types of copyright material (audio, in our case) appear in an entry.

The only thing I can suggest is that contestants create their VF entries using music tracks available under the Creative Commons scheme, or something similar.

KaoS
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:31 pm

adicakes wrote:
Keithgrif wrote:

Unfortunately there's not much I can do about that. :( The problem arises when certain types of copyright material (audio, in our case) appear in an entry.

The only thing I can suggest is that contestants create their VF entries using music tracks available under the Creative Commons scheme, or something similar.

Or use Vimeo. They don't restrict access from "mobile devices" like YouTube does.
Kevin Sanders

Willunga
South Australia

adicakes
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:47 pm

The problem with Vimeo is that you're effectively limited to one playlist per free account. A Vimeo Plus account removes these restrictions and costs about $60/year, approximately the same as the website hosting itself.