Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Davey, Yan, Zippy8

Eddie Green

Mon Sep 20, 2004 10:04 am

You know I am really really noticing a trend as soon as kite fliers begin to compete at anything.

As for crashes, the difference between a crash and a creative landing is how you handle it. I would never deduct from a flier who ended up the ground and then did something good with it.

I am interested in the spread of scores for Technical and Style - as most people seem to be getting very close marks in these areas.

As for the quality of the flying, well we all did our best in the situation. Some of us had many hours of footage to search throuh, others of us dashed out just before the deadline and had a laugh. Whatever. As long as we can be chilled out and relaxed about it all and not get worked up. After all it's not Eurocup and it's not like the tide has come in.

Davey
Topic Author

Mon Sep 20, 2004 10:13 am

kHiTe wrote:
You know I am really really noticing a trend as soon as kite fliers begin to compete at anything.

It's always the nature of competition... Regardless of what is, or isn't at stake there's an edge that comes out. Just as long as it cools off after the initial 'furore' it's all good.

My last comment on this 'discussion' is that the competitors votes are the ones that count (officially speaking) and as such the scores stand. Everyone who competed was happy enough with all the clips submitted and voted as they saw fit.

A new thread will be started soon for round 2 - based on a few suggestions that have been made.

Congrats to *all* who took part. Lets keep this fun, please!
Davey
::
Nope, I hadn't fallen off the map. Although one would be excused for thinking so...

Eddie Green

Mon Sep 20, 2004 10:24 am

Davey wrote:
It's always the nature of competition... Regardless of what is, or isn't at stake there's an edge that comes out. Just as long as it cools off after the initial 'furore' it's all good.

That will be the thing that puts me off then.

jo

Mon Sep 20, 2004 10:02 pm

Will refrain on opinions in future.