Krijn

Yan
Topic Author

Re: Round 22

Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:47 pm

must86

Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:47 pm

Wow, I am impressed by the quality of the entries... I see everyone's learned some new tricks. I really have to work on some new ones myself. I have most of my scoring done, just rewatching a few to make sure I agree with myself ! 8)
~Rob.

kostaaa

Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:55 pm

Score Sent!

Over all, I can say that the level is higher on the most pilots.... there are some personal progress, which is cool!

By the way, the there was only 2 videos named "VF22 - Name" and the alphabetic order was ones again alphabetic disorder!
Next time I will name my video "kostaaa - VF23". The brain starts to read from left to right and for that reason the most important data (the name) should be first!
Half of the videos was named in that way.... think about it! ;)

Best Regards to Zhou rocking at the Shanghai Expo Park (I love street kiting!), Alex Belov balancing with his feet on the snow, Dihong Shao & Tom Patterson for beautiful background at Gas Works Park, Buenos Aires for the good wind (as always)..... and all new and old VF Pilots!

Virtual Freestyle - Fly Your Way!

ghfisanotti

Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:34 am

Just mailed Yan my Score Sheet, it was tough deciding among all of those nice videos...,
Noticeable progress on many pilots when compairing with their previous entries, particularly Konstantin Ratsos, Anthony Eichelle and my good friend Martín Ruano.
Great performances at the top of the list, as usual, complemented with some espectacular scenery and great image quality, as is the case with the entries from Alex Belov in the snow and Tom Patterson with that industrial/natural contrasting background.
Finally, it caught my attention the music selection from Zhou in China,who chose an argentinian tango band, Bajo Fondo Tango Club for his video, small world, isn't it?
Once more, I'd like to thank and congratulate Yan for his great job at organizing VF, that we all enjoy so much.

Regards from Argentina,

Gerardo Fisanotti

juedden

Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:25 am

Scoring is done, very nice flying and locations.

Good luck

Jürgen Lindemann

fourmatic

Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:54 am

Another great round was there,
Nice to see some new backgrounds and music.Tango from Zhou espesialy for you Gerardo! :-D As a former ballroom competitor, it was practicaly impossible to judge his video.I know that in China ballroom is pretty popular. Jurgen L.-another video with snow and gorgeus house :cool: Many exciting moves I found at this time. Some new persons.

About entry names. :shock: Lets Yan decides how it must be.Or put new rule about entry names.I think VF 22 Full Name Etc. just ok.Or I am not right? Most important that others participants can see whos entry they are watching right now.Without name its not good at all.

Many exciting moves I found at this time. Some new persons.Some old ones.
Every second video has a hight grade of flying.I like it.

Cheers,

kostaaa

Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:00 pm

ghfisanotti wrote:
...compairing with their previous entries, particularly Konstantin Ratsos...

Thanks, Gerardo!

Actually, I'm not sure that my progress is well expressed in this entry.
Unfortunately, I had very bad luck combined with turbulent wind at the last 3 days of the competition.
I tried really hard to make a better video with more tricks, but I didn't make a clean run after all...
Now, when I have the right tool the only problem that remains is the smooth wind.

I made a video from some of the "Fail" shots:
(Please, don't watch it If you don't have send your score. It's more like an "After Party" video and must not influence your scoring!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Euf5AjlH_JI

I hope you like it!

Best Regards and Good Luck to all!
kostaaa,
GoKiting!

ghfisanotti

Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:20 pm

kostaaa wrote:
I made a video from some of the "Fail" shots:
(Please, don't watch it If you don't have send your score. It's more like an "After Party" video and must not influence your scoring!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Euf5AjlH_JI

I hope you like it!

Some very nice tricks there too! but getting a good video for VF is not as easy as it seems, you need the right wind, in the right direction, the right camera setup (orientation, inclination, focus, zoom, sensibility, etc.) and enough inspiration to get a 60-second string of nicely done tricks, starting from the ground while staying inside the frame of the camera .

Regards,

Gerardo

kostaaa

Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:08 pm

Extremely well explanation!... :cool:

tpatters

Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:10 am

I just sent in my scores. This was the toughest round to score that I can recall! :)

Yan
Topic Author

Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:22 pm

Only one set of score still to come..... its very close just 10 poits betwen the top 2 8)