Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Davey, Yan, Zippy8

jaydub

Re: Round 21 Videos and discussion.

Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:31 am

Ca Ike wrote:
OK you might be right there :) THis is what VLC gave me when i first opened it "This file is not indexed and will not scan properly. Do you want to repair the file?"

The penny droppeth, I think

My issues were playing Dave Hearn's vid. I did have VLC repairing David Ruger's entry, which has been a consistent issue with all his entries to date.

I think we may be referring to different Daves (and to be fair I wasn't specific with my post). :doubt:

bryan beasley
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:34 pm

Scores sent... Nice work all and thanks for playing.

I have a winner, but could really go any of 4 or 5 ways. Plenty of middle ground - more than normal maybe, and less at the bottom end. 's a general further raise in the level - Nice.

Good work Yan

Bryan

kareloh

Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:52 am

Yan
Topic Author

Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:21 am

Just got a couple of last minute scores to add in....

Results will be out soon, although the draws may take a day or two longer.

Bear with me, can't rush this bit :wink:

Yan
Topic Author

Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:54 pm

Scores sent to Adrian for publication on the new website :wink:

Won't be long..... might have to allow for the time difference tho'.

All being well I will do the draw video tomorrow evening.

I will draw for the Superfly first....

Ooh, and i know the winner of the Area 51.... all will be revealed on the website :badgrin:

krijn
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:38 am

Results are there.

Adrien: congratulations! =D> =D> =D>

For flying the most backspins, Alex Belov won an Area 51 kite donated by Krijn Hemminga. Alex included 14 backspins in his routine; Krijn Hemminga and Shannon Reddaway were the next closest, with 11 and 9 backspins respectively.

Alex, I need your address.

Ca Ike

Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:55 am

krijn wrote:
Results are there.

Adrien: congratulations! =D> =D> =D>

For flying the most backspins, Alex Belov won an Area 51 kite donated by Krijn Hemminga. Alex included 14 backspins in his routine; Krijn Hemminga and Shannon Reddaway were the next closest, with 11 and 9 backspins respectively.

Alex, I need your address.

Grats on the win Adrien. As for the area 51 I have to admit thats a unique way of awarding a prize :)

THe overall flying in this round has stepped up and it was a lot harder to judge this time than in the past few rounds I've participated in. Great round all and to you first time entrants I hope to see more from you in future rounds. See you all again in round 22 :)

Popeye

Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:02 pm

Congrats Adrien =D> and well done all other flyers great round to judge this one but not easy. Once again thanks Yan for organising and Adrian for the website :D

ps. sorry for nicking your position Bryan, I'll keep it warm though :wink:

fourmatic

Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:59 pm

Adrien chapeau! =D>

Drop a line here,
Each round you have something special for us. :cool:

Many thanx to all guys for your votes.
A very nice prize by a very unusual way.Creative idea VF guys.

My respect to:

David R comeback

Jurgen L, Bryan, Dave..like your vids.

Backspin freaks Krijn and Shann. :)

Special note:
Shao Dihong see you at next rounds.China must be here too.

Regards to G.F, K.R, Y.S, CdR,

WinterDaze

Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:07 am

Well done all!

A big turn out with an even broader 'International' net cast on the entries, sure does make it sound like VF is what the cool kids are doing ;) (yeah yeah I know, kiting will NEVER be cool :doubt: )

With a shinny new VF looking glass to immerse oneself in, I felt I should have dressed better in my entry, congrats to Adrien and all the other winners :cool:

Being mentioned in dispatches is all the reward I needed (eventually picked up a cup from the reject shop, its got a wobbly base and makes coffee taste like @%$# but now I don't need a mug.... :cry: )

Oh & being recognised for 'extreme BS('s)' seems appropriate apparently :P

Hey lets do this again! Soon! :cool:

WD
Tako Kichi Gai

bryan beasley
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:56 pm

Ah, well done all and thanks for playing.
Well done Adrien, nice win and great work Yan, thanks for the effort - appreciated.

Kudos Jurgen - good show.

's OK Dave - 5 is the new 6. ;-)

Bryan

Stan Doff
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:31 am

jaydub wrote:
My issue wasn't that it was erroring. The PC can't process the graphics information quick enough, so the kite just jerks about the sky and is pretty much unwatchable. .....

I'm quite happy putting it down to a 7 year old basic spec Dell PC with crappy on board graphics
and only 1.5 GB RAM. Time for an upgrade methinks. ;)

Jon

You are almost certainly right there.I have just tried that video on a seven year-old laptop that has a AMD 64 3000 cpu with Radeon 'mobile' 9700pro graphics-quite a good gaming laptop for it's day-and the effort of displaying 1920 x 1080 pixels (and downscaling to fit the 1200 x 800 screen) is too much for it . Windows Task Manager shows the cpu at 100% usage and it skips a lot.By comparison,playback on a desktop with a core2 quad cpu with a Radeon 4850 graphics card,is fine.Cpu usage is 9% but the graphics card is probably doing most of the work as it is has video "acceleration".

Adrien

Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:32 pm

Hi guyz! Groovy round wasn't it? Many thanks to Yan for keepin' spirit alive, and much respect to all trickserz...

I'm really happy to see that new combinations I try to bring actually work :wink: The "ComeTaz cascade" I performed at the beginning is my latest, others probably coming ( my new Air-One kite Cosmos opens a huge field in term of Alien combos :P )

Here was another, recorded at Notre Dame Festival "A tous Vents". The "Sparrow" is a combination of Mutexes and Tazes, also performed in Cascade. Enjoy :D

http://vimeo.com/26344451

Positive! Boom!

ObijuanKenobe

Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:03 am

I think you are letting this go to your head just a little. :roll:

The combination of a taz and half-axel cascade, as well as the taz combined within a comete, has been seen before...maybe even years ago. And your 'Sparrow' is a nice sequence, but why presume to name it if it is a series of mutexes and taz machines mixed in with the half axel cascade? Just because it seems no one else has bothered?

I don't know...I just get touchy when folks imagine inventing things that are far from original. It's OK if you are just really good...without needing to carve a niche with trademarking and naming stuff.

By this notion, Chris Goff (Mat Mayet, Debray, etc.) should have contributed ALOT of new names to the list by now...but he hasn't. He just flies. He was doing slots and taz machine within a comete cascade/half axel cascade before I had any idea how to do a 2 point landing. And I got into kiting years after some of these folks.

Great round of VF by the way.

obi
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." L daVinci

fworley
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:05 pm

ObijuanKenobe wrote:
I think you are letting this go to your head just a little. :roll:

The combination of a taz and half-axel cascade, as well as the taz combined within a comete, has been seen before...maybe even years ago. And your 'Sparrow' is a nice sequence, but why presume to name it if it is a series of mutexes and taz machines mixed in with the half axel cascade? Just because it seems no one else has bothered?

:roll:

If Adrien is a

does that make Obi a

:?:

Answers on a postcard please

-Frazer