Nice job everyone.

Popeye

Re: Round 21 Videos and discussion.

Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:26 pm

Just started scoring :shock: Lots of very nice flying. Well done everyone =D>

Ferris

Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:49 pm

Some excellent flying! Nearly got the camera out...maybe next time and with a lot more practice under my belt!

Ca Ike

Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:21 pm

Ferris wrote:
Some excellent flying! Nearly got the camera out...maybe next time and with a lot more practice under my belt!

Like Yan told me when I first entered, you don't have to be a comp level pilot just enter. My first entry was a few flic flacs and a sloppy lazy but it's added (with the teasing of a few fellow pilots) an extra push for me to improve my flying. ITs been a lot of fun and have met a good bunch of people because of it.

jaydub

Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:26 pm

Just watched the lot (apart from Dave's which won't play on our PC). Lots of good entries and I'm very glad I don't have to try and score them all. ;)

Ca Ike

Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:52 pm

jaydub wrote:
Just watched the lot (apart from Dave's which won't play on our PC). Lots of good entries and I'm very glad I don't have to try and score them all. ;)

Dave's entry has a bad frame index and won't scan right so it wont play right. I used VLC player's repair function and got it to work.

Popeye

Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:30 pm

Whoops :oops: Trust me to have a bad frame index. Thanks for the Handy tip Ca Ike although it plays ok from my end on the vlc player.

adicakes
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:50 pm

Ca Ike

Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:06 am

Popeye wrote:
Whoops :oops: Trust me to have a bad frame index. Thanks for the Handy tip Ca Ike although it plays ok from my end on the vlc player.

LOL no worries Dave. VLC fixed it for me too just something bugged when you encoded it and have a few frames in there that didn't get set right so it hangs.

jaydub

Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:36 am

My issue wasn't that it was erroring. The PC can't process the graphics information quick enough, so the kite just jerks about the sky and is pretty much unwatchable. Might be representative of my flying, but not Dave's. ;)

(P.S. The Youtube version plays fine. Nice flying, Dave :thumbsup:)

Yan
Topic Author

Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:00 pm

nearly half the scores are back...

There is only 30 points between the top ten :shock: with the top place having 193.3 points! 8)

Ca Ike

Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:07 pm

jaydub wrote:
My issue wasn't that it was erroring. The PC can't process the graphics information quick enough, so the kite just jerks about the sky and is pretty much unwatchable. Might be representative of my flying, but not Dave's. ;)

Thats due to the frame index errors in the file itself causing the vid to pause while the player finds the next frame. Most players pause and search where VLC player identifies the index error and can rebuild the index so it plays smooth.

Yan wrote:
nearly half the scores are back...

There is only 30 points between the top ten :shock: with the top place having 193.3 points! 8)

I have a good idea who has that score

jaydub

Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:51 pm

Ca Ike wrote:
jaydub wrote:

Thats due to the frame index errors in the file itself causing the vid to pause while the player finds the next frame. Most players pause and search where VLC player identifies the index error and can rebuild the index so it plays smooth.

Well I was trying to watch it on VLC, so not sure whether your explanation holds water or not, Anthony.

I'm quite happy putting it down to a 7 year old basic spec Dell PC with crappy on board graphics and only 1.5 GB RAM. Time for an upgrade methinks. ;)

Jon

Ca Ike

Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:09 am

jaydub wrote:
Ca Ike wrote:
jaydub wrote:

Well I was trying to watch it on VLC, so not sure whether your explanation holds water or not, Anthony.

I'm quite happy putting it down to a 7 year old basic spec Dell PC with crappy on board graphics and only 1.5 GB RAM. Time for an upgrade methinks. ;)

Jon

OK you might be right there :) THis is what VLC gave me when i first opened it "This file is not indexed and will not scan properly. Do you want to repair the file?"