Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Davey, Yan, Zippy8

WinterDaze

Re: Round 20 Videos and discussion.....

Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:32 am

bryan beasley wrote:
Well done all, thanks for playing I enjoyed that. Thanks also to all that do the work making it happen.

Any of 2 or 3 could win, the next 2 or 3 in any order, then all the rest together in any order you choose. Good stuff.

Bryan

+1 :-k

Just took an enjoyable hour out to watch and score VF 20, well done to all for making it so tough to judge. =D>

#scores_in

WD
Tako Kichi Gai

ghfisanotti

Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:29 pm

Congratulations to all the participants, scoring was quite difficult cause the first four or five are really good ones. Thanks to Yan for his time and effort organizing this. Scores sent.

Regards from Buenos Aires,

Gerardo.

fourmatic

Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:54 am

The end of voting is soon..
I`m just thinking about video presentation(whatever you call it) of scores.I liked the video edit of 15 game.Does organizers can do that for us:)? ;) Let there no prizes but at least the pleasure of participating. What others think about it? 20 anniversary of the game. :!:

Yan
Topic Author

Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:00 pm

fourmatic wrote:
The end of voting is soon..
I`m just thinking about video presentation(whatever you call it) of scores.I liked the video edit of 15 game.Does organizers can do that for us:)? ;) Let there no prizes but at least the pleasure of participating. What others think about it? 20 anniversary of the game. :!:

may not have time this round,

But maybe for the next...

Most of the scores are in, the top 5 are pretty close and the top two are only separated by 0.1points! 8)

fourmatic

Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:27 pm

it would be really nice..A papers in the hat was also a brilliant idea.Very cool.

but ok I just remembered...

I hope Mr.Patterson receive a bonus points for his mega-rabbit:) I think it was a crime scene.
Sorry for non paying attention to tricks.But you can find many funny strange things on the background.Never seen something like that on VF.

Wating for results.

Good luck to all.

jaydub

Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:53 pm

I'm not planning on entering again until I can top the police pulling a car over as the background shot for my VF17 entry. :lol:

Nice and tight at the top. Obviously much too close to call.

must86

Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:07 pm

Zippy8 wrote:
The usual and deserved 'spect to all entrants and thanks to Yan for the legwork:-

• in general the expected mix of "oh you beauty" and "whoops" that makes VF what it is
  • Adrian A. - now that's how to end a routine
  • I needed to force aspect ratio in VLC to get some to look remotely right
  • Tom P. is living in the past :-p
  • I don't want to come over all Mr. Rules Guy but Rob B.'s is 23.3MB and the rules say.....

I know who I expect to top score but as I didn't enter I get no say in the matter.

Mike.

Sorry Mike... couldn't get my software to sqeeze it down any more without it being a postage stamp size video. I looked back at the sizes of past videos, and thought a meg or two wasn't a big deal, I saw some that were 28megs in recent past...

Zippy8

Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:02 pm

must86 wrote:
couldn't get my software to sqeeze it down any more without it being a postage stamp size video.

I commend this unto thee. [-o< I see that your video is 60fps for one thing.....

Mike.

must86

Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:38 pm

Thanks, Mike. I really need to check the settings on my camera, because I wasn't shooting 60fps on purpose. It's been wonky ever since I knocked it off the tripod with my lines.
The link to the software should also help for future entries.
Thanks again.
~Rob.

Stan Doff
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:33 pm

Zippy8 wrote:
must86 wrote:
couldn't get my software to sqeeze it down any more without it being a postage stamp size video.

I commend this unto thee. [-o< I see that your video is 60fps for one thing.....

Mike.

VLC certainly says that ("frame rate 59.94) but both 'Mediainfo' and 'Videoinspector' say 29.97 fps :?

Stan Doff
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:46 pm

I have just opened a video file from my camcorder in VLC.As I understand it this camera was recording 50 interlaced fields each second,which when de-interlaced gives 25 full frames each second.
VLC claims the frame rate is 50,whereas Mediainfo says it's 25.In a sense,they are both right...and wrong :lol:

(ah...the joys of electronic imaging)

must86

Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:04 pm

Well, that's certainly confusing... all I know is that the video that's come out of that camera is not as good as it was before it fell. The camera isn't capable of shooting HD video in 60fps, so that could explain why the video's coming out a little fuzzy. Either way, I think a factory default is in order, and go from there.
~Rob.

Zippy8

Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:51 pm

must86 wrote:
Well, that's certainly confusing...

And therefore all part of the fun :-)

Your entry actually has a frame size of 480x480 but a forced aspect ratio of 16:9 to go with the interlaced frames which is certainly.... novel.... but the main reason it's over 20MB is because the video bitrate is 2082~2400kbps (depending on which program you believe), which I'd call "high". You'd be hard pressed to find real HD footage straight off a camera that came in at under 20MB for 90 seconds BTW, and that's actually quite a good thing - far better to shoot in the highest quality possible and work it down in size. Garbage in, garbage out.

But as I said, if no-one else is worried by >20MB files then it's a non-issue. It was just something I noticed.

Mike.