Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Davey, Yan, Zippy8

Yan
Topic Author

Vf 2011

Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:57 am

VF18 will kick of very soon..... with plans for a further three rounds this year.

Following Sturdy Designs generosity in Vf17, Vf18 will be supported by Sportkitedesign, other exciting collaborations this year will include Benson kites and Level One/Kites Ireland :D

Rafa and I (mostly Rafa) are working on a new VF Mug that I hope will be available as a prize in Vf18. 8) :-D

Yan

Craig
Site Admin and Supporter
Site Admin and Supporter

Re: Vf 2011

Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:58 am

Good work fella :thumbsup:

jaydub

Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:31 pm

Nice work, Yan. And some top prizes to look forward to as well. :thumbsup:

Yan
Topic Author

Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:45 pm

dragonfly wrote:
Saw my name mentioned above and thought I will ask you good people straight out.

Can anybody please explain me the format of this competition?
Randomly drawn prices means you can win twice in a row (hi Davide) and not even get a mug?
But any mug (no offense) can get a lovely Saber?

Obviously that must mean, everybody is entering for the hall of fame and doesn't give a fiddler's fart about prices.
Correct me, if I'm wrong.

Hi,
The prizes have generally been given via random draw, however those donating the prize have been able to dictate how the prize should be awarded. The prizes are really to encourage participation...

VF is as much about participation as winning.

Yan

Zippy8

Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:13 pm

dragonfly wrote:
Obviously that must mean, everybody is entering for the hall of fame and doesn't give a fiddler's fart about prizes.

I don't think it's obvious, or even consistent, why people enter VF. Clearly not everyone is doing it because they think they can top the score sheets. Maybe the lure of a prize sways them, maybe just the fuzzy notion of taking part is what does it. I don't believe The One True Answer exists.

I tried, when I remembered, to get a prize for the winner but I doubt it made a difference to that person's participation.

I suspect but have no proof that we'd get less entries if there were no prizes whatsoever.

Mike.

cojack_2107

Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:32 pm

Just a noob question... anyone in any country can participate in the VF or only a certain selected ones? I would love to give it a go.. and i believe there's a few good flyers in my country that can fly damn well, but yet to see any of them have a go at this... would be great to see a few from my country showing what they got...

Yan
Topic Author

Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:19 pm

cojack_2107 wrote:
Just a noob question... anyone in any country can participate in the VF or only a certain selected ones? I would love to give it a go.. and i believe there's a few good flyers in my country that can fly damn well, but yet to see any of them have a go at this... would be great to see a few from my country showing what they got...

Hi Cojack, yep, anybody from any country, all welcome :D

Only a couple of weeks left to get an entry in :wink:

Out of interest, where are you?

yan

cojack_2107

Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:43 am

Yan wrote:
cojack_2107 wrote:

Hi Cojack, yep, anybody from any country, all welcome :D

Only a couple of weeks left to get an entry in :wink:

Out of interest, where are you?

yan

Sunny Singapore City 8-)

Won't be a problem right?

Yan
Topic Author

Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:01 pm

cojack_2107 wrote:
Won't be a problem right?

No, no problem at all, just email your entry to me at virtualfreestyle[@]gmail.com by the closing date. I will the email out a score sheet and everybody scores all entrys apart from their own. Send me the scores within two weeks and we then have a winner!

Prizes are awarded via a variety of different metods. For this round most prizes will be via random draw apart from the kite that Carlo has donated, you will need to nominate an entrant to recieve this.

There are a few rules and they can be found at http://virtualfreestyle.net/ (click rules)

Yan