Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Davey, Yan, Zippy8

Zippy8
Topic Author

Re: VF16 - Sweet videos

Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:41 am

Just 5 more scores to come in and those good old patterns are emerging. One flier has an advantage, but not an insurmountable one, with a 5~6 closely packed in just behind. No-one has disgraced themselves either, not that there is ever any reason to feel that way if you have actually got up off your arse and entered.

Mike.

Zippy8
Topic Author

Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:38 pm

Just waiting on the last three slackers to come across with some numbers. First place is sorted, squabbling between two over the order of the podium places, four more hovering around the VF mug for 6th place, then a bit of a gap to the backmarkers.

Also last call for anyone to throw their hat into the ring if they feel like giving running VF a go. Don't be shy now.

Mike.

krijn
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:55 pm

(tomorrow evening)

Zippy8
Topic Author

Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:16 am

All results in. Video, numbers, blah blah blah later today.

Mike.

ObijuanKenobe

Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:03 pm

Bullshitery. I didn't win, and I didn't win a mug. What a crock. :cool:

Seriously though, 1st place was not my winner. I have flown a SIN extensively in good wind and found it to give away most tricks but particularly the taz machine unlike even a Cosmic TC. It's an easy kite to fly, and for this competition, I had to take that into account. I simply cannot score a taz machine the same for all kites anymore, and without those as trump, it's much harder to see a clear winner in this field. Therefore, I gave my 1st place to another, with Dave H. close behind. I thought Dave's video was awesome, esp. given he is not flying a gimme kite. It takes some serious skills to get a taz out of a DS.

All the same, congrats on a great 1st place video, and congrats to all for a great round. Thanks again Mike for making this happen. I'd love to run it, but I'd probably run it into the ground. However, if there is NO ONE else to call, and you can find me, you can hire the Jay-team.

obi
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." L daVinci