Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, bryan beasley, Keithgrif

bryan beasley
FA Supporter
FA Supporter
Topic Author

Trick Competitions 2011

Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:12 pm

's very nearly that time of year again, sooo...

Due to more cutbacks this year, the STACK schedule isn't really nailed down as yet, but I guess we'll do some 'after action' flicking around at each event, when and wherever they take place. I can't honestly see it being worth setting up a more comprehensive formal schedule unless enough suggest otherwise.

I'm sure we'll have a go-ahead for another one off STACK TP event (more than likely at the Jolly Up again) and I'm happy to set this up and run a few workshops ahead of time IF there's enough interest (so staff and competitors in place!). Please indicate here if you have any interest in taking part this year.

It would seem that our ND will be stepping down after this season, so we'll have to wait and see who if anyone steps up to take over, and whether Trick Competitions will control any kind of focus going forward...

So, any call for any more Tricky and Freestyle activity outside of STACK?
Maybe you'd like a display competition at your event? (please feel free to shout!)
Maybe there's enough interest in regional leagues etc. Maybe not.
Maybe we need a whole new set up to promote and facilitate what we do. Maybe not.

I think perhaps we'll leave the thread to run for a couple of months and make a judgement at the end of February before any actual leg work is started to get things moving.

Please contribute your thoughts and intentions for the coming season. Even if you're normally inclined to read and not write. ;-)

Bryan

Yan

Re: Trick Competitions 2011

Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:06 pm

As you probably know already Bryan, I'm in for anything/everything I can get to. :-)

sftonkin
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:39 pm

I'm more than happy to join in any "tricky comp" at a festival at which I happen to be present, if only to spare some other poor sod the ignominy of coming last every time! :lol: I didn't think I'd find it so, but it is great fun just joining in...

Bakardi

Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:07 pm

If I'm there I'll enter any tricky stuff.

Mike

atho

Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:00 pm

Same as Mike :D

jaydub

Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:55 pm

Same as Mike, but probably less likely to be there. ;)

Popeye

Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:01 am

Same as Stephen, anything that I can get to :D

Infinitive

Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:03 am

I'm always happy to fly at things I can get to. So, very little, as things stand! But if there is a gathering, I'm free and it isn't raining I'd try to get there.
-------------------------------------- Al --------------------------------------