Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Davey, SpOoC

Lex B

Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:34 pm

Zippy8 wrote:
of all the things that I might wish to copy about the Cosmic TC, the sail "graphic" isn't even on the list.

Copying specific designs = bad.
Using out-of-patent-protection design elements = perfectly OK.

To the first Hurra, hurra hurra !!!!!!!!
The later beeing a fact, why no build beautiful rev clones ?
remember: amateurs built the ark ..
professionals built the Titanic.

PLEASE......NO TAILS ....

hezz

Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:13 pm

Just to resurrect this thread.. more discussion on this at:
http://www.revkites.com/forum/index.php ... entry60611 and on John Baressi's page at http://www.facebook.com/barresij

The Chinese factory involved is not only making blatant knock-off copies of kites, but also in some cases branding them as the actual manufacturer's kites (which is counterfeiting and is illegal) whilst building some of these with bamboo / fibreglass instead of carbon so they don't even conform to the normal manufacturers standards but can run them off cheaply!

How anyone could say this doesn't harm the kiting community I don't know.. whether or not these things "fly well" is irrelevant, if you buy one you are supporting an illegal Chinese counterfeiting operation.

This includes many dual line models as well as Revs.. check out John's Facebook page which has LOTS of information..

Off soap box now..

Hezz

NEX

Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:21 am

yawnnnn here we go agin this is getting friggin tedious WHAT info and where, i saw nothing on FB and who takes any notice of crap on there anyway.

Aeri

Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:25 pm

look again because it it there nex...

and the problem is people buying this bad quality and thinking this is the best we make them.... or that it is normal that a rev flies poorly...

the problem is that they are breaking every law about copyright and being proud of it... ebay is full of them... and it is NOT good for our sport
Old school was a great school

Gary Matthews
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:16 pm

Well Nex...dont friggin comment then if you think it's getting tedious. [-X

hezz

Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:08 pm

OK so maybe you can't see the images if you're not a member, however this counterfeiting doesn't just involve Revs (if that's what makes it so tedious for you), which is why I bothered to post this info on FA - there are rip-offs of Lam Hoac's Sea Devil, Prism Elixir, Quantum Pro, and many, many more duallies as well as single line kites. (I'll see if I can find the exact list or perhaps JB will contribute himself with the list).

Is it fair that these companies can get away with blatant counterfeiting of inferior products, when the original companies spend $$$ on R&D, marketing, and product support? ... Agree with Aeri 100%!

Hezz

NEX

Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:16 pm

i looked again like you said aeri all i got was a log in page no info, friggin tedious as hell i might have chemically altered loads of cells over time but not enough yet to sign up for FB
Aeri wrote:

the problem is people buying this bad quality and thinking this is the best we make them.... or that it is normal that a rev flies poorly...

I can see how that might make mr Rev a bit touchy about his kites :lol:

Desmo Pete

Re: 'Chinese Revs'?

Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:03 pm

OK, so 8 years have passed since the last post so enough time for folks to calm down after the last discussion.

Earlier in the thread I read about an ebay seller named 4mkites but he does not have any listings at the moment.
While searching through the plethora of listing which appear under '4 line kites' I have seen several listings for the 'Freilein Windrider 2'. It boasts of a wrapped carbon frame and PC20 ripstop sail.

Has anyone bought and flown one of these? They make several versions including a vented one.

They are not as cheap as others at around £150 for kite, lines and handles. Personal experiences please, not an argument.

Thanks
Pete
HQ Kitebag:-
Revolution 1.5
Revolution 1.5 SLE
Revolution Reflex Spiderweb
Revolution Reflex XX
Flexifoil 8' Pro Team (Rainbow)
Powerhouse Panic
Various 'Highflyers' Kites

KaoS
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Re: 'Chinese Revs'?

Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:38 am

Freilein quad kites are very well made and fly very nicely. I bought a Windrider series 1 "Storm" (sort of equivalent to Rev Xtra Vent) and am extremely happy with it. Since then four of my kite friends have also bought Windriders (various venting configurations) and they are all very happy with their purchases
Kevin Sanders

Willunga
South Australia