Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Davey, SpOoC

Zippy8

Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:19 pm

kitejan wrote:
some unusual quad line kites which (at some point...) I might be looking into

Call yourself a quadline flyer, as opposed to merely a Rev flyer, and tell me you don't want one of these:

Mike.

uktotty

Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:06 pm

wow they are nice! What are they?
Benson DS - Fury Full Size - Rev 1.5SUL - Rev 1.5 SLE - Alpha Plus - Cody - 3 Symphony's - 2 NPW's - Viper - Vento - Wild Thang - Flexifoils - Elliot Mystic

kitejan

Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:09 pm

Hell yes....

A variation on the Windfire Flame (I think thats what its called) is it? I would love one of those, but I kind of think the cost might be somewhat interesting.

Zippy8

Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:37 pm

From these nice people. It's only money and you'd only spend it on something else a lot less interesting. :wink:

There are less Flames in existence than would constitute a reasonable sized Rev mega team.

Mike.

kitejan

Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:49 pm

True - like the Mortgage, food, etc.....

As I cant see a price on their site anywhere I think I can conclude that it's *expensive*..... Will fire off an email to see exactly how much we are talking about here.

Who knows maybe a second hand one will come up somewhere :-)

Jan

Zippy8

Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:59 pm

kitejan wrote:
True - like the Mortgage, food, etc.....

Trivialities [-(

As I cant see a price on their site anywhere I think I can conclude that it's *expensive*.....

Quite a lot of money, yes. But look what you get.

Who knows maybe a second hand one will come up somewhere :-)

Unlikely. There are 18 of them to date.

I take every opportunity to pimp them 'cos it's the only quadline that I like the look of and the kitemakers do good work. They deserve a few more sales and RevHeads damn well need a bit more variety in their lives.

Mike.

Gary Matthews
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:04 pm

Can't stand the real things - how can anyone keep a stright face when flying something with "REVOLUTION" comically emblazoned across it like it's some 2D-bow-tie superhero

Now, are you being serious Infinitive....? or am I being ever so touchy?

Infinitive

Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:23 pm

Erm yes I'm being serious! Nice logos are sometimes acceptable, but woefully bad Indiana-Jones-esque screamers: no. It's something you might expect from a low quality product, but Revs are not.

If you are defending the Rev logo as acceptable, plastered across every single kite they make then yes you are being ever so touchy 8) !! I think there would be fewer self-builds if they made kites without their logo.
-------------------------------------- Al --------------------------------------

Gary Matthews
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:45 pm

So you have a problem with the logo then?.......Erm, think that most, if not all "products" have some sort of logo do they not?......Standing 120 ft away from the Kite, it's hardly noticeable is it?........doesn't bother me if "REVOLUTION" was emblazoned from from end to the other...really can't see the problem.....as long as it's flown!!! :cool:

Keithgrif
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:05 pm

The revolution logo is a bit "in your face" compared to other manufacturer's kites.
Red Bull had a problem with it, making Lam scrub it out for the Red Bull kite Team.
It's not as if it would ever be mistaken for something else.
Keith
STACK UK
National Director 2006-2012

ExGrads pairs, fourth in Europe 2011!!!
Airheads team, 10th in the world 2012

Gary Matthews
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:02 pm

Whatever!!!!

hezz

Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:34 pm

Red Bull don't allow the team to have any other logos than 'Red Bull' on anything.. kites.. t-shirts, hats, even footwear - everything the guys wear has to be unbranded, or Red Bull branded. So that had to go for the kites as well .. wouldn't have mattered if the Revolution logo was 2 feet tall or 2cm tall ..

Can't say I have met anyone yet who objected to the Revolution logo that much .. :o

I guess for something designed in the 90's it was OK .. but then logos are always going to date over time. I doubt Revolution are going to change their logo now just because it looks "Indiana Jones-esque" :D

Hezz

Zippy8

Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:53 pm

hezz wrote:
I guess for something designed in the 90's

Their logo, like their kite (singular), celebrated its 20th anniversary in 2008. Which means it dates from which decade ? :P

Mike.

hezz

Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:01 pm

Yep, I can't count :-D

Hezz

P.S. Too tired to think today, took ages to get to sleep in the heat, eventually did, then woken at 2.30am by next door neighbour running around the car park in her knickers screaming at her boyfriend who was "entertaining" another lady friend in his flat, then she decided to throw a brick through his window... 3am the police arrived, 3.30am they left and I think I got back to sleep at 4am... to be promptly woken up again by thunder and lightning ](*,) then slept through my alarm this morning :huh:

NEX

Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:00 pm

Zippy8 wrote:
hezz wrote:
I guess for something designed in the 90's

Their logo, like their kite (singular), celebrated its 20th anniversary in 2008. Which means it dates from which decade ? :P

Mike.

As you well know as such an avid follower of all things Rev the current logo did not celebrate its 20th last year, the large curved logo followed the Neos Omega logo and the current thing arrived some what later.
Fly the kite not the logo, thats there for the same divs who need logo's on the outside of their clothes, like me. 8)