Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Davey, SpOoC

Rev Addict
Topic Author

Bridle Replacement

Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:15 pm

Hi Guys just spent a weekend in Folkstone flying on the beach with my standard B series. :D Got back to the hotel and did my ritual drill of washing all the sand and salt off my kite and spars. Upon closer examination I noticed that the bridle at one of the leading edge caps has frayed significantly. Although the Kite is not unusable I would like to replace the bridle as soon as possible to save any embarressment the next time I fly.........

Can I buy a bridle pre-knotted?. If so where?

Thanks
Jim
The Rock Ape

wufer

Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:27 pm

I got my 1.5 bridles from awindofchange.com in USA.
Not sure if anybody has them in stock in UK,sorry.

If you do go to awoc, email them with your requirements and dont order from there site.
Thay are having some sort of trouble with the postage rates on the order form;; its something like $54 postage for 3 rev bridles on the site !!!!!!!!!!!

Derek.

Dave Bleasdale

Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:30 pm

www.kiteworld.co.uk

Great service.

Stephen Hoath

Re: Bridle Replacement

Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:18 pm

Rev Addict wrote:
Hi Guys just spent a weekend in Folkstone flying on the beach with my standard B series. :D Got back to the hotel and did my ritual drill of washing all the sand and salt off my kite and spars. Upon closer examination I noticed that the bridle at one of the leading edge caps has frayed significantly. Although the Kite is not unusable I would like to replace the bridle as soon as possible to save any embarressment the next time I fly.........

Can I buy a bridle pre-knotted?. If so where?

Thanks

Jim, making a new one only takes 10 minutes. Let me know when your at Dunstable next and I will help you make one if you haven't found a replacement by then.

Rev Addict
Topic Author

Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:37 pm

Thanks Stephen I will most likely take you up on the offer however as you are particularly busy it would be when you can next get to Dunstable

Thanks
Jim

The Rock Ape