If 4 lines are your thing it could/should be a great way of improving skills

Stephen Hoath

Re: Rev gathering

Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:47 pm

David Ellison wrote:
Just in case you havn't seen this post on the Revolution Kites forum
http://www.revkites.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=656

If 4 lines are your thing it could/should be a great way of improving skills

The first weekend is going to be 17/18 November up on the beach at Ainsdale. It is a very informal affair and we will taylor the agenda on the day to the participants.

The latest details can be found at http://www.revkites.com/forum/index.php ... entry10514

Stone in Shoe Bob
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:34 pm

* * * Bump * * *

For those that missed it first time or for those that didn't fancy the long drive north, preparations are now well underway for a second Rev Training Weekend at Dunstable, Saturday19th & Sunday 20th January 2008 further details here.

This is looking like it will be a terrific weekend with several of the country’s top Rev flyers coming to help out us lesser mortals. An opportunity not to be missed for any Rev flyer who feels they want to improve their skills.
Stone in Shoe Bob
Friend and supporter of Kiteworld
Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you - not because they are nice, but because you are.

Rev Addict

Ref Training Weekend

Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:37 pm

Sounds like a great opportunity to meet fellow Rev fliers count me in Bob
Jim
The Rock Ape

Play365
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:04 pm

Important News!

Our good friends at Kiteworld have very generously donated an Anniversary Revolution. Just in case you’ve missed it have a look on the Rev forum. It will be raffled at the Rev Training day/weekend !!!! (Details to follow) So come along and maybe you could walk away with a piece of kiting history !!!

Stone in Shoe Bob
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:39 pm

Important Announcement - Please Read

STACK UK announce support for the Rev Skill weekend

I think it is fair to say that when Stephen started this thread back in September he didn’t realise quite how big this thing would get.

When the arrangements were being made for the Ainsdale gathering he asked people to consider any insurance implications and all those attending were asked to bring STACK membership cards, as a way of proving cover.

Because of the higher numbers involved and because, if the weather is good, twenty-odd Revs in the air may well generate quite an audience at Dunstable, it is even more important that we make sure that everyone is covered this time.

Now the good news
Following discussions with STACK our gathering is now officially designated a “STACK Better Flying Day” and STACK have generously offered membership to the end of the STACK year (28th Feb) for £5.00, which will of course provide insurance cover for the weekend.

Aside from the peace of mind for the weekend, STACK membership is a good idea anyway (even for those of us who don’t want to compete) and we would encourage you to take out full STACK membership anyway.

Would anybody who does not already hold a membership card please contact me with an email address and will email back a membership application form ASAP. Although, it is technically possible to process applications on the day, it does present one or two problems that are probably best avoided if at all possible. I would therefore suggest that everyone should ensure their application is in well ahead of the gathering.
Stone in Shoe Bob

Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you - not because they are nice, but because you are.

NEX

Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:43 pm

Hhmmm, was going to shoot along there with me Burberry Dubya but it looks on the Rev forum as if the hoop holders have started, why do pepes have to make everything so bloody complicated, turn up and learn somthin was the plan, yeah right.
Empty cider bottle coming through hehehe

Stephen Hoath

Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:25 pm

NEX wrote:
Hhmmm, was going to shoot along there with me Burberry Dubya but it looks on the Rev forum as if the hoop holders have started, why do pepes have to make everything so bloody complicated, turn up and learn somthin was the plan, yeah right.
Empty cider bottle coming through hehehe

Come along anyway. think of the fun you can have taking the moral high ground :D

There will be a load of fliers there all chilling and talking revs. Hell that's nearly as good as flying them.

see you all there and I promise no politics

sftonkin
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Sun Dec 23, 2007 8:18 am

@ SiSBob:

Please could you clarify the position re STACK membership/insurance.

I was hoping to come along in order to take the opportunity to try to develop a bit of competence with my Rev, but I feel a bit iffy about being "required" to join STACK and to take out insurance that I don't need (I already have more-than-adequate insurance). Please could you clarify, therefore, whether STACK membership/insurance is a prerequisite or merely something that is being offered.

I should add that I am more than happy to shed a fiver (to help defray expenses or to a charity-of-choice) for the privilege of getting expert tuition; the issue for me is merely one of being required (if, indeed, that is the case) to join an arganisation that I don't need to join and take out insurance that I already have.

Vee
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:20 am

Have some Christmas spirit please. Nobody is trying to make things any more difficult than they have to. Everyone wants this to go ahead & not be forced to be cancelled.

We are all in this sport for the love of it.

Stephen Hoath

Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:17 am

sftonkin wrote:
@ SiSBob:

Hi all, to clarify. Although this is just a gathering of like minded fliers we are asking everyone to look at and arrange, if not already in place, some insurance.

For those of you already in a club or with specific cover elsewhere then this is great. For those of us without other club insurance joining STACK until the end of the year is a very economical way of getting some. There are of course loads of other benefits to joining STACK and I would remind us all that it is "...And Competiion Kitiing" so there is something for all even if you don't want to compete in stuff.

Of course the best solution is to avoid accidents in the first place and we will all be keeping an eye for Mr/Mrs Public who decide that they want to walk across that bit of field where someones lines are. :D

Once again I am very grateful to STACK for their support. They have come into this becuase they support all kiting and no other reason.

See you all in January.

sftonkin
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Sun Dec 23, 2007 5:29 pm

Stephen Hoath wrote:

Hi all, to clarify. Although this is just a gathering of like minded fliers we are asking everyone to look at and arrange, if not already in place, some insurance.

Thanks for the clarification. Presumably you will wish to see, on the day, evidence of other insurance?

Stone in Shoe Bob
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:23 pm

sftonkin wrote:
@ SiSBob:

As of now, to be frank I no loner give a damn.

A while back I was asked by Stephen to investigate the options and come up with a recommendation that would cover everyone involved if something went wrong. I fully appreciate that everyone has a right to asses the risks for themselves and make their own decisions. However I was concerned that if something went wrong and the person responsible was not insured, some smart ass lawyer may decide that someone else present was an event organiser and was therefore ultimately responsible.

Having investigated the options, I made my recommendations. The problem was a few people decided that £5.00 was a high price to pay to safeguard everyone’s security and started throwing their toys out of the pram. Now it seems everyone is doing their own thing.

I am still really looking forward to the weekend and I have invested far too much time into preparations for the weekend to miss it now but I intend to take no further part in it’s planning in case the brown stuff finds it’s way into the fan.

I have spent the last 26 years paying my mortgage and don’t intend risking getting sued and loosing all I have worked for because some numpty is too tight to part with a fiver.

I am still more than happy to pass on STACK Application Forms to those that think membership might be a good idea.

Happy Christmas one and all.
Stone in Shoe Bob

Zippy8

Mon Dec 24, 2007 7:00 am

Stone in Shoe Bob wrote:
I have spent the last 26 years paying my mortgage and don’t intend risking getting sued and loosing all I have worked for because some numpty is too tight to part with a fiver.

I'm just asking right..... but has this ever happened ? I can appreciate your concern for your own well being but is this a common occurrence in the UK that I've been too wrapped up in myself to notice ? Is it, by any stretch, a likely outcome ? I genuinely wish to know, I'm not questioning what you're doing.

I always thought that quaddies were the mild and inoffensive faction of the kiting world. I never realised you were so argumentative. I'm mildly impressed :wink:

Mike.

kitejan

Mon Dec 24, 2007 10:22 am

Edit: Ahh just found pages about this over on the Rev Forum - I'm sure this question has been dealt with there. Will go and read sometime over the Christmas break :-)

Sorry I dont get this either - whay STACK insurance only? I'm a member of MKF - which, as far as I'm aware, covers me for this sort of thing. If not I might need to be aware of it for future gathering. No objection at all for people who have no insurance (good idea in fact) - but for people who are already covered..... Seems a bit, well strange.

Not being funny or anything - just confused (as always in the wacky world of kite insurance) as to whay my current insurance isnt sufficient if I DID manage to go to this event (or non-event or whatever we officially call it).

Jan[/b]