Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Davey, SpOoC

lava_lamp
Topic Author

Flying the Airbow

Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:40 pm

I saw this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZ3ClADxWYM and decided to get an Airbow.

Does any one else have one - Does it need a gale to fly properly? Ive taken it out twice now on days where the wind was strong enough to fly a Rev 1.5 but it seems to have no idea that it is actually supposed to fly - it is reluctant to take off and once off the ground it does not want to turn.

Any advice ?

Victor

Play365
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:23 pm

You can not fly them like a Rev I know that much :D and yes they need a bit more wind than we had this weekend apart from that I know nuffing :D :D Calling Joe ......or Brian .....anyone ....lol

Timelord

Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:35 pm

I'm quite new to the Kite world but I fancy the Airbow as my first quad line kite, I have a custom built Deep Space on it's way in my chosen color (big thanks to Tim Benson) for doing this. ATM I'm flying a spirit of air VIBE until the deep space gets here. I feel I've done all the crashing and rebuilding to learn the nuts and bolts of kites, and now I'm ready to move up the pack and start collecting kites.

In relation to the Airbow how high a wind is preferable to keep the Airbow flying well??