Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Davey, SpOoC

jad
Topic Author

2 rev lineset questions

Sun Apr 22, 2007 4:10 am

Probably getting a vented sonic soon.

I've read LPG is generally preferred because its weave makes it stiffer and less tangle vulnerable. Its what's most available at rev dealers.

I have a 1.5 sul with 50# 100ft LPG and I believe I see what's meant. It also healps make the direction of unwrapping from spins more obvious.

For dual I much prefer Shanti Speed because I dislike the feel of LPG when it has a few wraps.

So need to decide which to get. Not sure if the feel will be as obvious with the quad and if the stiffness/tangle factor is so important with a heavier lineset.

I'll be going 90# at 100 or 120' to start. Thinking of 120 because of speed in high wind and the fun of a large window.

I like long lines and don't plan learning the catch and throw stuff on them . At somepoint axels sound interesting but it will porobably be a while. Any reason to think 120 is to long fot a sonic vent? Want it for winds close to 15 mph and above when I start to loose dual interest.

Difference to me is one of money. Might need to pay postage for seperate purchase if I need two dealers for kite and line. If it was duals I'd do it no question.

Thanks.
JeffD

David Ellison
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:05 am

I've used both types. Ignoring any price factors, I'd choose Shanti over LPG.
Shanti lines have lasted longer for me and not broken unexpectedly.

twoplustwo

Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:04 pm

please can some one explain LPG as iv'e just aquired a vented rev 1.5 any help would be appreciated

Play365
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:18 pm

Laser Pro Gold it's a make of line :D