FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:25 pm

Keithgrif wrote:
Only if we can log on the the MKF forum :-(

Have you thought of registering? :-)
Stone in Shoe Bob
Friend and supporter of Kiteworld
Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you - not because they are nice, but because you are.

John
Topic Author

Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:57 pm

The post is in the public area from what I can see.

Anyway, this is what Ian Wilson posted

Hi Calling all Revolution kite fliers,

MikeSP and I are trying to put together a Mass Rev Team we have dubbed "iQuad-UK".
We are looking for Rev kite fliers who are able to hover in any position and are able to reverse their kite in any direction. The only other requirement is that you need a set of lines of at least 85ft/26m in length but the longer the better.

If you would like to join iQuad-UK then come along to either this months Sutton Park -Boldmere Gate Fly-in' or the following two on 11th February and 11th March, where we will be holding trials for our first mass Rev fly to be held on 18th March at MKF & HEKF 4th Hatton Country World Kite Day, Hatton Country World, Dark Lane, Hatton, near Warwick, Warwickshire.
If you can't make the Sutton Park dates but feel you qualify to become a member of iQuad-UK then just turn up on the day with your Rev..... Cool

Welcome to the dark side.... Twisted Evil
Ian
John

Keithgrif
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:00 pm

OK, the link took me to a login page and I made the assumption that I had to be a member to view. I now see that is not the case for some of the areas (MKF events calendar and non MKF events). However, the "Public Kite Forum" will only take me to the login page, as will the "Sutton Park fly in" page.

As for registering, there just aren't the hours in the day to check every forum, I'm trying to cut down (new year's resolution?). Especially, as of this afternoon, I seem to be blocked from seeing FA at work, how else can I waste my lunchtime? :-(
Keith
STACK UK
National Director 2006-2012

ExGrads pairs, fourth in Europe 2011!!!
Airheads team, 10th in the world 2012

Stone in Shoe Bob
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:27 pm

Keithgrif wrote:
As for registering, there just aren't the hours in the day to check every forum, I'm trying to cut down (new year's resolution?). Especially, as of this afternoon, I seem to be blocked from seeing FA at work, how else can I waste my lunchtime? :-(

I think you’re right I registered, then had to wait for authorisation (they were dead quick) but I needn’t have bothered, by the time my registration was authorised John had posted
Stone in Shoe Bob

Friend and supporter of Kiteworld

Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you - not because they are nice, but because you are.

John
Topic Author

Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:29 pm

Keith,

You are right, it seems there is an error in permissions. I've PM'd the MKF forum admin to try and get it sorted.

FYI Bryan and I always try and post relevant Midlands Area stuff on FA as well. Hope the quote above sorts this one out in the meantime. :-)
John

Keithgrif
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:19 pm

Indeed, many thanks...
Keith
STACK UK
National Director 2006-2012

ExGrads pairs, fourth in Europe 2011!!!
Airheads team, 10th in the world 2012

John
Topic Author

Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:49 am

For those interested, the public access to the MKF "Sutton Park" thread is now sorted. It would be good if some quad fliers can support Ian.

I also means you can access very local weather if you are coming to to fly in on 14th Jan or league on 11th Feb. ( Mind you I look out of the window.. it's more accurate)
John

mnkby

Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:13 pm

Heh, yanno, may be an idea to come up with a slightly more original name, but, its a great idea regardless, I will always hugely cheer on quad team flying. However...

It'd be like ourselves being called Flying Squad US, or FLIC US. Its flattering to some degree but, bear in mind that the designation of iquad.us and iquad.ca is merely because 1/2 the single team is from Canada, and half from the US, with founders in each country, not with an eye towards franchising the name out.

:wave:
David Hathaway, Revolutionary
-~ http://www.iquad.ca

Kitelife

Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:27 pm

Aye, We formed iQuad early last year... We're already traveling and promoting under this name!

See - www.iquad.us or www.iquad.ca (same web page)

And - http://www.cafepress.com/kitelife/1468529

What if someone formed a team called Decorators USA, or Flying Squad USA... I know we wouldn't dream of it, not without permission, simply out of respect for other fliers.

We have a regular set of members, some from Canada, some from the Washington and Oregon states... The team is sponsored by Revolution as well.

I'm using some thought not to react angrily here, and am hoping that there was no intentional overlap... The fair thing to do, once the organizers of this group know, is to simply select another name for their team.

I consider quad fliers all over the world to be my family, and want to see a lot more teams every year... But not using a name we worked hard to promote and create an identity for.
John Barresi
Editor/Publisher
Kitelife Magazine

John
Topic Author

Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:30 pm

Knowing those involved I'm sure there was no intentional overlap... just a desire to promote local rev flying, which they are dong very effectively. I'm even tempted myself.
John

mikesp

Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:26 pm

Incidentally, I didn’t know I was actually involved with this team! being a confirmed twin line pilot and all :-k

Mike 8-)

Gary Matthews
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:54 pm

I will say this is totally out of order guys, (UK) without having a word with Iquad USA.......surely you could come up with another name!!!! :( :( :(

Andy S
King of FA

Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:37 am

Bit of a pisstake on the US side when it's clearly a rip off of iPod anyway?