Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Davey, SpOoC

kitejan
Topic Author

Decathlon Quad Line Kite

Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:32 pm

Yes for real!

Was wandering around the Shefield Decathlon and checked out the kites (wanted some cheap 6mm carbon - £3.19 for 1.6m - fine for non-critical applications) and noticed that they are doing a quad line sports kite for £82 (complete with lines and handles). There were non assembled, but from the packaging they are comprised of 6mm/8mm carbon and looks a little like the Papillon quad line - just larger (240cm wingspan) and (from the diagram on the packaging) flatter (think of 2 delta's joined together at the nose - that's the general profile).

I had a look a the manual - completly non-existent! I mean - it was a generic manual for *all* the Decathlon kites - from dual line delta, to quad line power! Even I couldn't work out what was supposed to go where from the vague assembly diagrams. No idea how a beginner would fare even assembling it, let alone flying it...

Anyone else come across this - of even seen one in flight?

I'm not sure if this will be a 'good' thing for beginner quad line fliers or not. If the instructions were better and/or cheaper (less than £50 I would get one myself to 'have a look') then it may be good introduction to the joys of quad line (assuming it flies OK), but I have my doubts...

Jan

Neil E
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:45 pm

I was in Stockport's Decathlon store on Saturday - nothing new there yet.

(small edit made)
Last edited by Neil E on Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mark E Mark

Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:39 pm

Neil E wrote:
I was Stockport's Decathlon store on Saturday

When you say that you were 'the store' do you mean in a Zen type of sense - you are the store and the store is you? :P

Neil E
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:48 pm

:lol: .... :assshaking:

Anyway, actually when I revisited during a tangentional trip last night :reappear: - I noticed all their sport kites are half price at the moment. Cant say I think a great deal of them but you could pick up a full size kite for £25 or so. Ok for beginners.

flyer

Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:10 am

I was in france recently and saw one of these set up it looked like 2 triangles joined together.
No Plugs on my postings.