Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Davey, SpOoC

daz larsen

W-Shaped 4 Line Kites (Non Rev)

Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:30 pm

Is it me or does anyone else think this thread has gone on toooooooo long.Just let people get on and buy and fly whatever they want

---
- All the best
Daz

Stan Doff
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Re: W-Shaped 4 Line Kites (Non Rev)

Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:10 pm

daz larsen wrote:
Is it me or does anyone else think this thread has gone on toooooooo long.Just let people get on and buy and fly whatever they want

---
- All the best
Daz

It may not be just you who feels that, but it has interested and entertained this non-WS4LK-flyer almost as much as the "Ebay << 290580603675 >>" thread did.Prior to these I never spent any time in here,although whether that is a good thing or not,I'm undecided as I do find myself looking with curiosity at s/h Revs for sale.......

Jezza
Topic Author

Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:34 pm

Just beware Stan, as soon as you do someone will say 'Welcome to the darkside'. I'm glad nobody said that to me, I might have used the force on them :)

Love them or hate them though the Rev is a great product and does just what it says on the tin, try and get a 1.5 of some sort and you wont go far wrong.
Clearly, I'm part of the problem.

sailor99

Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:40 pm

Stan Doff wrote:

whether that is a good thing or not,I'm undecided as I do find myself looking with curiosity at s/h Revs for sale.......

Oh you should definitely put in a bid on the UK one for sale at the moment. I happen to know the seller is really trustworthy, charming and devilishly handsome to boot. Definitely the sort of ebayer you would want yo buy from ;) ;) ;)

Andy S
King of FA

Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:54 am

daz larsen wrote:

Hmm. If people want to discuss it, then that's the point of a forum. If people don't want to read it, they know which threads to avoid.

daz larsen

Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:46 pm

Hmm. If people want to discuss it, then that's the point of a forum. If people don't want to read it, they know which threads to avoid

It's not that I want to avoid the thread or upset anyone,I have three of the W shaped Tribal quads and think there a damn good kite.I have been using two of them to practice flying them together(one in each hand)perhaps when I get good enough I will move up to the really expensive American W shaped kites

- All the best
Daz

Jezza
Topic Author

Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:41 pm

Daz, I know you have quite a few vents but if you're up for a new kite try one of those new design vented that Bing is selling (one in the photo I put up). I'm not quite sure what it is about that model or if it's just me but it is the best Alba I've flown by far. I would highly recommend a fly.

Harrier

Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:13 pm

sailor99 wrote:
Maybe you can become the virtual in house designer for my virtual oriental kite factory Harrier! You could virtually sign all the virtual sails 'professor' ;)

:lol:
Hmm, virtual interest aroused, however I do see some issues may arise causing much discussion in the virtual design suite of Sailors Virtual Kite Co. probably leading to my pram being devoid of toys.

As you know over a considerable period of time vast amounts of published R&D has been carried out on the “thin section under camber wing” by real giants of the Aviation and Maritime world, this R&D already provides all information needed to build a successful WS4LK along with the optimum sail panel layout, which incidentally is not unlike the layout utilised on some of Polo’s creations.
Use of the optimum layout on virtual kites could therefore lead some of the less well informed to make certain of those copy type allegations.

I would not enjoy any virtual design work where non premium fabrics were specified due to miserly cost cutting and would therefore recommend if the SVKC wished to entertain the low cost, built down to a price end of the market outsourcing virtual design work to some other overseas company would of course be the way forward.

Should the SVKC rightly entertain building up to a quality with modern fabrics another small issue does occur, as you know many of the high quality modern fabrics and laminates do not decorate well without an unnecessary weight penalty, the company could of course end up with a virtual but limited range of high quality kites, a bit like earlier Rolls Royce, but there, high quality performance products need neither a large range or superfluous garish decoration.

Were I to virtually provide successful graphics for the SVKC I am afraid the sails would require a virtual signature of “Confessor“, I would have to hold my hand up to having lifted any such graphic.

And one other small issue, take no notice of those old tales from the wicked rumour mongers of my making and distributing free copy kites, they are part of someone else’s virtual world, my generosity would not impact on your virtual business were we to conclude some virtual contract.

Harrier

Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:18 pm

Good to hear you are pleased with the latest vented Jezza, we looked at it but preferred other vent layouts, I would certainly like to try one though.

BAZ

Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:01 pm

This is my DARKSIDE homemade. A copy of one of Steven Matchetts kites ( nowhere near as good as his I might add)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BAZ

Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:18 pm

I'd just like to thank Harrier. Well done Bruce and thanks for all your work on the mega vent that you did. Lots of R and D went into that.also the fact that he openly shares all his work,as you can see from the information about making your own mega vent he has made available. Nice one Bruce

Zippy8

Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:20 pm

BAZ wrote:
This is my DARKSIDE homemade. A copy of one of Steven Matchetts kites ( nowhere near as good as his I might add)

Why no green as in the original artwork ? :-k or is just a misdirection from the photo ?

Mike.

Old Greebo

Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:50 pm

Maybe there's a problem with getting green Icarex?
Brian. (Past it, but reaching back!)
Silver Fox 2.5; HQ Shadow SUL; Rev 1.5 SLE; Spiderkites URO; Etc...

sailor99

Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:07 pm

Glad to see that, just as in the original artwork, there is correctly no indigo. Richard's military victories may have been In vain, but there is no indigo in a spectrum.

Now, I must turn off me pedant chip.

Jezza
Topic Author

Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:48 pm

That is a great kite Baz! I'd be well happy flying that! :)