Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Davey, SpOoC

Flying Fish

Re: Which kite as first quad-line kite?

Tue May 24, 2011 4:19 pm

I've not flown an M-Quad myself, but I've heard people commenting on it being rather twitchy.

Just a thought, but have you considered a QuadFun for your 6 yo daughter (sold in the UK by Manfred Kluge / EMKAY)? I've got one of those. It's easy to fly, has pretty good control if what you want is flying up and down, back and forth, spin, dive-stop, etc, doesn't pull at all, is virtually indestructible and is not expensive (£37.50). I've given it to people who've never flown a quad before, and they 'get it' very quickly with this kite. And it's a fun wee kite to fool around with, you can let it roll over the ground, take off again, etc.

LittleSkink2

Tue May 24, 2011 7:01 pm

thanks dromel - was on Manni's website at the weekend looking for ideas (usually a bad idea as I often buy stuff there I dont really need). Saw Kahuna but figured too fast, didnt take much notice of the QuadFun as I couldnt get a price up and figured way more than £40
Favourite dual Dynamic bridle Phantom Elite. Favourite Quad Sedgwick 1. Favourite Singles Rokkakus

daz larsen

Which kite as first quad-line kite?

Thu May 26, 2011 3:05 pm

Hello mate
If you can make it to the Basingstoke festival 4/5 June,or the Peterborough festival on the 12 June there will be a load of quad flyers that will let you try various quad line kites

Peter

Fri May 27, 2011 10:43 am

I remember a high wind four liner from some time ago (like 20 years ago!) at Dieppe, it was small at about 1m wide, curved leading edge and looked like a shark!! (not a dave davis) a real fun kite. I had a go and it wasn't too twitchy. I understood that the plans were open and freely available, French or German I think. never followed it up. anybody know of this one??