Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Davey, SpOoC

harveystubbs
Topic Author

Airbow or Rev

Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:56 am

I am thinking about a quad kite and kinda regret selling my airbow.

Would people recommend a over an airbow. Is it worth considering a cheap Chinese one or is this an absolute no go?

I know they are completely different but I just wondered what people prefer and why?

SparkieRob

Re: Airbow or Rev

Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:40 pm

As an alternative, have you seen Lam's ABS kites?

harveystubbs
Topic Author

Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:48 pm

Lam's new quad looks much nicer than a rev (which is not hard) but will be too expensive. Any other ideas? :cool:

Ferplexed85

Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:04 pm

There's a Rev 1.5 on here for sale by Broady. He's got it on for a great price if you PM him he's willing to accept offers. I was going to have it but cant afford just yet.

Matt

SteveC

Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:49 pm

I had a Rev for a while and have to say I wasn't very impressed with the quality considering the price. Mine was lightly used secondhand but after a while the mesh started to split ( a common fault) and the edges of the dacron re-enforcing was fraying - nit picking maybe, but at full price these are expensive kites and I would expect better. To be honest I think Revs are better when there are a few of you flying them, on your own I found I soon got bored.

There have been quite a few debates about the Chinese Revs and away from the Rev Police the opinion seems to be that they are not bad - you have to get the right one which I don't remember offhand but there is a big thread about them on FA somewhere. If I was looking I would probably give one a try - I think Broady has a couple of them.

The quad I fancy trying is the Spiderkites Smithi - it's a foil kite but has one way 'valves' in the cells that let it fly very much like a Rev.
Current Bag:- HQ Shadow, Spiderkites Zodarion, Flying Wings Soul, Old blue HQ Jive , 'PAW' modded HQ Maestro II, Delta Hawk,