Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Andy S

Andy S
King of FA

Re: Coffee lover?

Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:39 pm

Do they leave the hopper topped up? How hard is it to remove and use your own beans for a single dose?

Seeing as this thread has risen from the dead... I still enjoy my La Pavoni for espresso, but I've recently got a Hario V60 and I love that for longer drinks. Keep hovering over the buy-button on a Bonavita variable temp kettle now.

fworley
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:38 pm

Andy S wrote:
Do they leave the hopper topped up? How hard is it to remove and use your own beans for a single dose?

Seeing as this thread has risen from the dead... I still enjoy my La Pavoni for espresso, but I've recently got a Hario V60 and I love that for longer drinks. Keep hovering over the buy-button on a Bonavita variable temp kettle now.

I'm sure people must use their own beans on occasion ... but if its anything like my last place the engineers will settle for the free shit.

Might spring for a La Pavoni myself when we find a house - I figure I'll be able to find a barely used one for sale on Ebay or Craigslist.

-Frazer

bstardchild

Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:03 pm

I love my Aeropress

I have several stovetops for camping they are brilliant but with a kettle at hand it's Aeropress every time
Adrenaline, Psycho, BOT, Kaos, Obsession , Generation, Club sport (2), Dharma SP Ultralight, Baby Tana, Neutrino, Rev and a couple of duvets

Andy S
King of FA

Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:14 am

I use an Aeropress at work, and I see them all over in coffee shops now.

Thinking of upgrading to a more serious grinder at home. My Iberital MC2 does OK, but it's a bit slow and doses too small, so I need to keep running it over and over.