Moderators: Craig, Andy S

pink
Topic Author

website design

Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:43 am

Hi, as far as i know there is few IT Geeks/ Web Designers etc. on this forum

im not very god in PHP/Mysql (just start learnig), what is all about:
im looking for hotel/B&B style booking system for my next project,
could somebody point me out to the right place where i can get or learn how to do it
Please.
Prism Nexus, Chris Matheson - Midi Sandpiper, DIY Le Quartz, R-Sky Diablis, DIY Pink S.U.L
CIM - Fireman, DIY SunDog Fighter

http://pinkfloodesign.com/

RoyReed

Re: website design

Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:34 pm

Do you mean writing one from scratch or integrating an existing one into a website. If the latter have a look at http://www.freetobook.com/
Must fly
Roy
REEDDESIGN Web Design

pink
Topic Author

Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:40 pm

propably i`ll integrate existing one, but on the other hand will be nice to understand structure a bit.
Prism Nexus, Chris Matheson - Midi Sandpiper, DIY Le Quartz, R-Sky Diablis, DIY Pink S.U.L

pink
Topic Author

Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:46 pm

freetobook.com that is cool but shall i leve it to my customer, and just implement link on existing website???
im just designing website, but booking system is part of the deal.

StuartB

Sat May 04, 2013 2:11 pm

A good book I've used is PHP and MySQL Web Development from Addison and Wesley.

I wasn't a complete beginner when I got it, having already earned a living at it for a few years, but as I'm self-taught I found it very useful to make sure I was doing it right. (A: More or less...)

For something related to e-commerce I would strongly advise against building anything from scratch unless you have plenty of experience, colleagues to check what you are doing and someone to do a proper security audit of the results.

It might also be helpful to find a coding style document to help keep your code tidy and understandable to others. The one I use belongs to the the supplier of the proprietary CMS that I mostly code for, but there are others that are freely available such as the Zend coding standards.

</uncloak>

bryan beasley
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Sat May 04, 2013 5:57 pm

Blimey 's stuart. ;-)

Hey dude!

's like a Northern revivial round here. Just need Neil, and Ian, and Mike, and Adam (etc. ;-) ) back on board and you'll get yourselves a NW posse going again.

Bryan

jaydub

Sat May 04, 2013 6:45 pm

bryan beasley wrote:
Blimey 's stuart. ;-)
's like a Northern revivial round here. Just need Neil, and Ian, and Mike, and Adam (etc. ;-) ) back on board and you'll get yourselves a NW posse going again.

Been a bit lonely round here recently (if we ignore the Yorkshire Monkeys), so would be good to see at least some of them flying the right sort of kites (and posting here of course). ;)

Last timed I bumped into Stuart was in Go Outdoors!

StuartB

Wed May 08, 2013 11:15 pm

I'm not really flying much these days although I try to keep a kite in the car. Most of my outdoor recreation these days is exercising the dog!

At least I wasn't buying a kite from Go Outdoors!