Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Andy S

steven beasley
Topic Author

Charity Skydive

Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:45 pm

Right then…

On Sunday 23rd September I will be doing a fundraising skydive for Dorothy Goodman School. Myself and staff at Dorothy Goodman school plus my daredevil Daughter (who works at the school) are hoping raise funds for a cradle swing for the school. This is a specially adapted swing for physically disabled children so that they too can have the experience of playing in a swing just like you and I loved so much as children.

Without raising funds in this way many of the children at the school that use wheelchairs would never have this opportunity that so many of us took for granted. As well as use for therapeutic play, swings such as this can play a huge role in developing balance reactions and postural control.

I need to raise a minimum £250.00 – which basically covers the cost of the jump & a few quid to the cause so I’m funding the minimum £250.00 myself then every extra penny I can raise above this goes straight to the school.

The school is not registered with Just Giving or similar (they take 5% anyway) so any donations you wish to make will need to be either cash when you next see me, or via paypal @ stevenbeasley@btinternet.com.

Many thanks in advance.
STEVE

bryan beasley
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Re: Charity Skydive

Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:13 pm

Tandem skydive or static line parachute jump? Just out of interest. ;-)

Bryan

steven beasley
Topic Author

Re: Charity Skydive

Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:12 am

Tandem for now... Can see it becoming a new hobby though - once qualified you can get flight only to 15,000 for for £25.00 ??? Bit of a bargain me-thinks :-)