harveystubbs

Re: Coffee lover?

Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:36 am

fworley wrote:
An updated Atomic stovetop (clickable)

http://lovethelittleguy.com/product/the-little-guy

So spendy tho ! More than a machine FFS

-Frazer

They call it the Otto. Pretty but I'd rather have a proper espresso machine for less money

harveystubbs

Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:40 am

fworley wrote:
Andy S wrote:
What's the entry-level budget on these espresso machines in the UK without buying a complete dud?

I toyed with all this some time ago - you need a decent grinder too ... something like this bundle

http://www.seattlecoffeegear.com/rancil ... er-package

or better yet

http://www.seattlecoffeegear.com/rancil ... er-package

Costs more than my missus wanted to let me spend at the time.

-Frazer

The rancilio is the best grinder . Good grinding and fresh beans are probably the most underrated parts in making a proper cup of coffee :cool:

fworley
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:40 pm

Resurrecting this thread ... just started a new job and they have a Rocket Giotto here:

The grinder looks like a serios piece of kit too - I've not yet tried them out - for fear of making a tit of myself.

-Frazer

fworley
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:43 pm

And the beans are Illy ... same stuff they dump in the machine for the rest of us plebs.

-Frazer

Andy S
King of FA

Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:39 pm

Do they leave the hopper topped up? How hard is it to remove and use your own beans for a single dose?

Seeing as this thread has risen from the dead... I still enjoy my La Pavoni for espresso, but I've recently got a Hario V60 and I love that for longer drinks. Keep hovering over the buy-button on a Bonavita variable temp kettle now.

fworley
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:38 pm

Andy S wrote:
Do they leave the hopper topped up? How hard is it to remove and use your own beans for a single dose?

Seeing as this thread has risen from the dead... I still enjoy my La Pavoni for espresso, but I've recently got a Hario V60 and I love that for longer drinks. Keep hovering over the buy-button on a Bonavita variable temp kettle now.

I'm sure people must use their own beans on occasion ... but if its anything like my last place the engineers will settle for the free shit.

Might spring for a La Pavoni myself when we find a house - I figure I'll be able to find a barely used one for sale on Ebay or Craigslist.

-Frazer

dragonfly
Topic Author

Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:49 pm

St Nicolas has been v kind to me. Happy little crimbo ... high as a kite on caffeine. :lol:

ImageImage