Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Andy S

Farquar
Topic Author

Topic closed.. Bought New.

Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:09 am

Hello, I'm new here and to the trick kite game, but understand I'd get more kite for my cash if I bought secondhand, want something half decent (more trick friendly than my prism jazz) that will help me on my way..
Looked at skydog jammin, prism E3 so something around £100, anyone got anything they would let go to an enthusiastic newbie?
Thanks
Even some advice from people's experience would be grand.. :D

Topic closed.. Bought New..
Last edited by Farquar on Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SteveC

Re: Wanted - First propper kite?!

Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:13 pm

You just missed out on a bargain Jest of Eve Talon in the ad below!

I'm not sure if anyone is selling much secondhand at the moment but if you do buy new also consider the Hq Maestro II ( I haven't tried the new Maestro III yet so can't comment).
Current Bag:- HQ Shadow, Spiderkites Zodarion, Flying Wings Soul, Old blue HQ Jive , 'PAW' modded HQ Maestro II, Delta Hawk,

Go Figure

Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:59 pm

Hi, I am going to have a clear out and should have something good below your price point if you can wait until next week. Let me know what you are looking for ( I will keep my Bensons and some of my Rev's) and I will see what I can offer you.
best regards

Clive

It's not me, its the tools....

Farquar
Topic Author

Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:48 pm

@SteveC - I thought exactly the same about the Jest Of Eve :( (what would you say about the line sets offered for sale on the same ad, would £35 posted be a fair price?)Thanks for the heads up about the Maestro 2 / 3 they look pretty good and well priced..
@Go Figure (Clive) - I can wait, got the jazz to keep me going but need a REAL kite! Not too sure what I'm after other than duel line for now though, simply as I have had no experience with anything else.. The Benson kites look very nice.. Sure you can't let one go?! :lol:
Thank you both for replying. Eagerly await further correspondence..
Sam

SteveC

Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:05 pm

You have a PM.
Current Bag:- HQ Shadow, Spiderkites Zodarion, Flying Wings Soul, Old blue HQ Jive , 'PAW' modded HQ Maestro II, Delta Hawk,

kareloh

Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:14 am

That Talon sure was a bargain and a very good kite. Unlike the Maestro IMHO (unmodded).
You will be able to buy a high end kite, if you wait for the offer and react quickly.

Farquar
Topic Author

Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:08 pm

Thanks Jürgen! I'd love a deep space, or a talon, or a carve, or a.. But thought being less specific might help my cause as I'm pretty open as to what to get, it being my first real kite, thought someone might have a kite they've out grown.. I very nearly bought a reloaded at lunchtime as the euro is favorable and I got payed today... Still waiting on go figure to get back to me (reckon you'll be making a sale by friday though) Just gotta come up with an excuse that'll wash with the good lady.. :biggrin:

Stan Doff
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Re: Topic closed.. Bought New.

Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:11 pm

Farquar wrote:
Topic closed.. Bought New..

Ah,that wonderful first time you get it assembled........
and if you have a photographic device:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5441

SteveC

Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:34 pm

What did you get?

Farquar
Topic Author

Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:48 pm

Still eagerly awaiting it's arrival but went for the level one reloaded.. YouTubes fault (and Jürgen)! Pretty sure it won't be my last as there is so many good looking kites out there.. Will report back as and when.
Thanks everyone :cool: