Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Andy S

Bastiaan
FA Supporter
FA Supporter
Topic Author

Biboquet

Fri Jun 25, 2004 9:53 pm

Hi, it was 6 a.m. already light but different then the previous 10 days it was cloudy, the windscreen was wet from a previous shower and with a cup of coffee in the hand I slowly drove out of the camping place, no one on the road and the first 20 minutes of my journey took me over wooded country lanes and through dew covered meadows. I was in France, finestere, west from Vannes, home of one of the most famous kite stores in my history. After an uneventfull 90 minutes on the motorway and 30 exploring the seemless endless oneway streets systems, of the historic town of Vannes I found a parking place in the centre of town.
One cup of coffe and a Herald Tribune later it was time to go into town and find the place!
Not long after exploring the imensly impressive and beautifull town did I stray across an ally west of the Cathedral, a bright wind wheel was wizzing around displaying a rainbow of colours. The shop it self has two floors, the ground floor is filled with wooden toys and thank god that the missus and the kids weren't there because the plastic would have bend dubble twice under the pressure of their pleas.
In the back of the shop there is a stairway going down, a micron 5 stack gave a preview and it was as if I was back 20 years, in the candy store around the corner, it was simply kite heaven. Almost all kites that are in the online cataloge were on display, in various colours and versions, a set of Nirvana's here an Impact vented there, to my eyes it was as if I strayed into a cave on a sunny day, they needed 10 minutes to get used to the view!
This shop is amazing, for its location, for the variety of kites and other toys and for the service and efficiency provided by its staff. If ever you are near the town of Vannes, go and see this place!!
Bastiaan.

( Bastiaan is a kite nutter that lives in Ireland and is a regular contributer to this website [ed.])

SteveR
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Fri Jun 25, 2004 9:57 pm

Bastiaan, did you actually buy anything?? :lol:

Craig
Site Admin and Supporter
Site Admin and Supporter

Fri Jun 25, 2004 10:04 pm

Yep its a great shop alright, have been before and will be going again later this summer :D....................... but the Mrs will be going [-X

Bastiaan
FA Supporter
FA Supporter
Topic Author

Fri Jun 25, 2004 10:05 pm

OO!!
Bastiaan.

Didier
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Mon Jul 04, 2005 10:48 am

Hello Bastiaan,
Thanks a lot for your nice review about our shop in Vannes.

I believe 2 of your friends (Eddie and Annemicke) from Nederlands are working with us now.
I've also heard that you'll visit us, at our kite festival in Penvins, from 14th of 17th of july ?

Be welcome !

Didier - from BiLboquet (with an L between I and B) :-)
www.bilboquet.com

misterbleepy
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Mon Jul 04, 2005 10:56 am

Bastiaan's review is spot-on - and they are so helpful.
I forget the name of who it was who helped me with spares to fix my Fury earlier this year, but if it was you Didier - thanks very very much!
Keith B
--
Kite Tricks mind map

bleep bleep bleep

mobius
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:25 pm

Didier wrote:
I believe 2 of your friends (Eddie and Annemicke) from Nederlands are working with us now.

Holy cow! :shock: :-D
Dave Morley

Ian
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Mon Jul 04, 2005 3:22 pm

Can anyone tell me the opening days/times for Bilboquet in Vannes? I'm going to be down there in a couple of weeks and intend to pay a visit (or two!). 8-)

Didier
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Mon Jul 04, 2005 3:59 pm

hello Ian,
the shop is open everyday (except sunday) from 9.30 to 7.00
During the festival of Penvins, we'll close the shop the 14 and 16th of july. (open the 15th)

See you soon,
Didier

Ian
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Mon Jul 04, 2005 4:07 pm

Thanks Didier

Sadly I will miss the Penvins festival by about 4 hours :(

Bad planning on my part - maybe next year. I'll definitely be at the shop though :-D

Didier
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Fri Jul 08, 2005 7:48 am

No problem Ian, we'll see you next year on the festival.
But we're flying during the whole summer many evenings in Penvins.
Hope to meet you there, (and many other) :-)
Didier

Bobthekite

Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:33 am

B****r ! if only I had known ,my daughter was on work experience near Vannes last week. I would have sent her with a shopping list
Bob
My Other Kites A Fury

Bastiaan
FA Supporter
FA Supporter
Topic Author

Sat Jul 09, 2005 5:38 pm

Hi Didier, just back from 3 weeks in France, did go and see Eddie and Annemiek, I also managed to get my hands on a black and white X-masque Rage, the best kite I have ever flown! A review will follow soon, just for the ladies and children, my wife and kids went nuts in the shop, so many cool and good quality toys to be gotten there for children, top notch that place!
Bastiaan.

Gary Matthews
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Sat Jul 09, 2005 8:15 pm

Bastiaan, i have just ordered a B/W Rage from Bristol Kitestore, are they any good then????

Gary the Rev

Bastiaan
FA Supporter
FA Supporter
Topic Author

Sat Jul 09, 2005 9:12 pm

Jacob ladder for ever baby!!
Yes, they are the real deal for tricks, review coming soon, first need to clear up some camping stuff!
Bastiaan.