KITE FESTIVALS

Sat Jun 12, 2004 9:44 pm

Opinions about kite festivals that you have gone too

SteveR
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Sat Jun 12, 2004 9:48 pm

Ive only been to two:

Bristol 2003 excellent (though not as big as the balloon fiesta)
Margam 2004 (today) not as big as bristol, location is good as the wind is usually good.

Gary Matthews
FA Supporter
FA Supporter
Topic Author

Fri Jun 18, 2004 8:53 pm

Been to quite a few this ,Weymouth lovely weather if your sunbathing pants if your flyin, great atmosphere, Flying Squad really good (no frog song),Matrix Management stole it for me, Close Encounters had problems on the first day with the wind but came good on their wedding aniversary.Next for me was Rougham my first Stack UK national,really scary out in the arena trying to master the precision in 3-6 mph wind then busking my way through the freestyle for 2 mins,yet again a fantastic atmosphere and really well put togeather event (Martin Corrie we salute you) Carl and James R entertained the crowds with their usual spellbinding ballet routines .Following day for me was the Ballet,not as nervous as yesterday,really enjoyed it.Anyone thinking of competing next year ,i would not think twice about it, Andy P puts you at ease(well he did me)

Next i think was middle Wallop, yet again competing,could not believe how many people turned up on the Friday night, had a real problem pitching a tent with any space and we got there at 7.30 AM,later a load of the Dunstable posse turned up made a really great weekend,also competed nowhere near as nervous as Rougham,but i did'nt fly that well though.
Theres been enough typed about MW,see Aeolian.

I think the next one was Bedford,not the best venue in the world,and if you like single line kites (very coulourful) then this is the place for you,as far as power kiting and trick then really this is a non event,i'm sorry to say
Carl and James made it worth the trip if you've never seen them before,nice to see "le petit" in the arena flyin Carls new kite,and no its not the fury,still a prototype i believe, looks and flys really well in Carls hands, mind you what does'nt, so i think thats it for now, next i think is Brighton, see you there....

Gary the rev

Next

Andy S
King of FA

Fri Jun 18, 2004 9:29 pm

next i think is Brighton, see you there....

Next is Southampton, tomorrow... are you not going?

Davey

Fri Jun 18, 2004 10:42 pm

I'll let you know after Sunday - There's one over here in Holywood (NI - not USA) - First I'll have been to :D

Looking forward to it...
Davey
::
Nope, I hadn't fallen off the map. Although one would be excused for thinking so...

Steve Porter

Fri Jun 18, 2004 11:44 pm

He He Big DAvey you are the star attraction. Mediator in the kite wars!!!!

Just Because A Cat Has Her Kittens in the Oven Doesn't Make them Biscuits

Sat Jun 19, 2004 2:58 pm

Andy,no not going,no multi line comp,going up Dunstable Downs to practise i need it ,come and join us everybody!!!!!!!!!