Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Andy S

smr
Topic Author

Nirvana not a review just my first impressions

Sun May 09, 2004 2:36 pm

Got my Nirvana on Friday and flew it on Saturday. Wind not good gusting 0-10mph. What a kite, not at all what I thought it would be like. I was expecting a kite that would have to be flown aggressively to get the best out of it, but I found this not to be.

I clicked with this kite straight away. All the tricks were there and most of them it done very well, however the backspin wasn’t very flat, well not compared to my Elixir. It did that nasty barrel role type thing. 540’s were there, but again, not as flat as I am use to.

To my surprise I did manage to get a couple of tricks I have not managed to do with any real success before. First Fountains 90% of the time. Comets wow! :shock: 60% of the time and even a yo-yo 540,but only once. The only trick I was unable to do was a yo-yo take off, but the Nirvana Is a bit bigger than the Dot Matrix, the only kite I can do it on.

The kite was straight out the bag and without any weights.

Yes the kite was expensive but worth every penny. I really love this kite and it might even push my elixir off the top spot in my kite bag.
Steve Rayner

I understand a FURY in your words,
But not the words.

jo

Sun May 09, 2004 6:00 pm

I have to agree it will take something special to topple the Nirvana as my favourite. I can do very few tricks but is the only kite I have freed from a tip wrap mid flight :lol: :lol:

SteveR
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Sun May 09, 2004 7:36 pm

Steve, whats your feelings about the fury since newbury and the vana acquisition..??

Eddie Green

Sun May 09, 2004 9:08 pm

steven where do you fly?

smr
Topic Author

Sun May 09, 2004 9:43 pm

Steven R; The Fury is flying a lot better since Dave adjusted the bridle. I am going to add some weights to the ends of the lower spreaders to help the rotation. At the moment I still haven’t made up my mind about it. After Newbury and seeing Carl fly the Fury, it is obvious that it tricks very well, but you have to fly it like him (aggressively), and that is just not my style.

kHite; I fly in Southwold a small town on the coast in-between Ipswich and Lowestoft
Steve Rayner

I understand a FURY in your words,

But not the words.

fearoffours

Tue May 11, 2004 1:41 pm

smr - I'm coming up your way for the last weke in July, where's the best place to fly?
Furio, Firestorm, Gemini, New Jam, Beetle

SteveR
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Tue May 11, 2004 1:44 pm

The Fury is flying a lot better since Dave adjusted the bridle.

What did he do with the various legs and the black and red marks?? What was effect on it (presumably you were looking for something with less pull and more float)

mobius
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Tue May 11, 2004 3:11 pm

I put everything on the factory settings (as in the last page of the booklet)
Dave Morley

jo

Tue May 11, 2004 7:38 pm

I feel the fury is stealing the nirvana thread here :lol: