Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Andy S

airball
Topic Author

any reviews on premier addiction,

Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:22 pm

i am buying a premier addiction kite any reviews or advice on them anyone?

Davey

Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:51 pm

Got one for the kids - Very capable kite for the money. Given the size it's obviously going to be somewhat twitchy, but bags and bags of tricks are there for the taking. It's also pretty close to indestructable, with the side effect of being slightly 'floppy' with the solid carbon frame.

Plenty of fun - Gets the Davey-Two-Thumbs-Up Award (tm) :bigups:
Davey
::
Nope, I hadn't fallen off the map. Although one would be excused for thinking so...

StuartB

Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:43 pm

Good choice, although you will inevitably be looking for something with a bit more presence once you start to get the hang of tricks, or decide that you want to fly some precision.

Consistently well reviewed when it came out. I bought one as a starter kite and it got me into tricks as far as my ability permitted. It is a bit bendy and that, and the size, is why I went for higher specced kites after about a year (maybe a little less). The only weak spot that I found was that the standoffs, which are 2mm carbon rod, are a bit fragile - I broke about three while I was learning to do groundwork.

I still get it out from time to time and it is quite refreshing to fly as tricks are probably easier on the Addiction than on many 'proper' trick kites.

One thing that irritates is the one-piece lower spreader. It restricts the options for folding the kite up so you can't fit it into a suitcase to take on holiday. The Level One Jump, which is a similar kite in many ways, has the same problem, which is why I haven't bought one yet.

airball
Topic Author

Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:51 pm

thanks for comments

jr

Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:59 pm

StuartB

Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:05 pm

Just re-reading what I wrote and some of it seems a bit negative - don't let any of it put you off - it's a great kite and you won't be sorry you bought one.