Oh yes it will be mine...

Ed please stop writing reviews like this, I can't afford it

http://www.khite.org/khite/Kites/o100q/Fury.htm

Eddie Green

Wed Apr 07, 2004 6:35 pm

I shall shut the site down this minute!

RoyReed

Wed Apr 07, 2004 7:55 pm

Craig, if you hate it that much I'm sure you won't have any problem selling an almost-new-Fury for not much less than you paid for it.
Must fly
Roy
REEDDESIGN Web Design

Andy S
King of FA

Wed Apr 07, 2004 8:42 pm

RoyReed wrote:
Craig, if you hate it that much I'm sure you won't have any problem selling an almost-new-Fury for not much less than you paid for it.

No way.. have you read this review?
:lol: :lol:

SteveR
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Wed Apr 07, 2004 8:49 pm

wow...groundhog thread....

Craig
Site Admin and Supporter
Site Admin and Supporter
Topic Author

Wed Apr 07, 2004 8:57 pm

RoyReed wrote:

Did I say at any point that I hated it ?

what I said was "I really wanted to like it and I'm very disappointed"

mobius
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Wed Apr 07, 2004 8:58 pm

specifically craig what are you disappointed about?
Dave Morley

jad

Wed Apr 07, 2004 9:17 pm

Are there any CR related people in Craigs area? Maybe someone should get a look at the kite. Possibly fly with him and see if its an adjustment problem.

Maybe he just doesn't like it. He bought it and thats his right. I've bought kites and realized its not the kite that's the problem its that I bought the wrong kite for me and what I expected to do with it.

Can't remember for sure who it was but someone here recently bought a 2.3 and disliked it (more or less). Thats a very well documented kite but the buyer seemed to feel it wasn't as expected. It happpens.

Sometimes theres a problem in the set up that gets missed. I've flow with a messed up bridle and at first thought it was the kite.

Not saying that Craig is experiancing these problems.

If KS stands behind this kite maybe someone should try and get directly with Craig to check out his concerns. This is a small market business, its not like one guy didn't like his new Ford.

This is a person who was among the first to support the kite based on the reputation of its makers. Isn't that worth something?

Maybe there's been private communication but I haven't read any of the KS people who praised the kite reach out effectivly to this dissatisfied customer.

That concerns me more than Craigs comments.
JeffD

Craig
Site Admin and Supporter
Site Admin and Supporter
Topic Author

Wed Apr 07, 2004 9:21 pm

Thank you Dave, as you've asked I would say that I found the more advanced tricks alot harder than I expected. From all the pre-publicity I thought I was going to get a kite that was easier to trick than say a Nirvana.

Now most of you don't know what kind of standard flyer I am, and its difficult to judge myself really but if pushed I'd say I'm not bad, I can do all the latest stuff fairly consistantly and I certainly found the Fury a hard kite to even keep in a steady fade let alone lazy susan, Jacobs ladder or Yoyo, (although cometes were easy) this is stuff I have no problem with on Opiums, Nirvanas, X Masque's etc.

Wether or not this has anything to do with the set up or not I don't know what I do know is that "out of the bag" I had trouble.

Is it wrong of me to share these experiences ? I don't think so, after all I paid alot of money for this kite.

If you can help in anyway I would gladly take the advice. What I cant stand is someone telling me I'm wrong when they haven't shelled out of their pocket for what is not a cheap kite.

jad

Wed Apr 07, 2004 9:22 pm

Good to see Dave start to reach out.
JeffD

mobius
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Wed Apr 07, 2004 9:38 pm

Craig wrote:
Now most of you don't know what kind of standard flyer I am, and its difficult to judge myself really but if pushed I'd say I'm not bad, I can do all the latest stuff fairly consistantly and I certainly found the Fury a hard kite to even keep in a steady fade let alone lazy susan, Jacobs ladder or Yoyo, (although cometes were easy) this is stuff I have no problem with on Opiums, Nirvanas, X Masque's etc.

Okay.. now the fury will do those tricks well that you've mention above but the weight set-up is very, very important. What weight have you got on and where is it in relation to the spine?

I agree fades are harder, however, you can make them easier by adjusting the bridle. Again weight plays an important factor to create the right balance of the kite when in a fade.

The fury can be set-up to be more trickable or be more precise. Though with one you lose the other. The factory setting is set in the middle to give you the optimum of both worlds - this is what I use because in competition you need both.

If you don't care about flying straight lines then the bridle can be altered to trick better.
Dave Morley

jrharrold
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Wed Apr 07, 2004 10:08 pm

Craig does say
"out of the bag"
he had difficulties. Surely its this important first flight(s) which can colour feelings towards a kite. It certainly did with my ex-Nirvana.
Mobius wrote
The fury can be set-up to be more trickable or be more precise

Does it come with instructions how this may be acheived? Craig is an experienced and talented flier and glaringly obvious faults with the set up I feel he would have been able to spot. I hope its not the same as the Prism I2K which was launched as the 'only kite you will ever need' but post launch, there were tweeks and modifications aplenty trying to enable some fliers to fly the thing :mad:
Jeremy
Stratford upon Avon
England

SteveR
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Wed Apr 07, 2004 10:11 pm

I hope its not the same as the Prism I2K which was launched as the 'only kite you will ever need'

Wasnt this also the USP for the E2..?? I'm wondering if Prism have a TM with this slogan :badgrin:

Craig
Site Admin and Supporter
Site Admin and Supporter
Topic Author

Wed Apr 07, 2004 10:45 pm

Dave, thanks for the reply, maybe we can get somewhere. Lets say I want to trick only what are the settings ?

Bridle measurements, just spar to tow point are fine, and weight, mine has weight at both ends of the spine, also the inserts, mine has one for the top spreader and one in the spine (although this cannot be removed as the spine will collapse !) what to do ?