Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Andy S

jrharrold
FA Supporter
FA Supporter
Topic Author

Neutron

Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:17 am

If you can not sew and want a Virus, don't worry - buy a Neutron. Its Chrisitan Derefat's commercially available kite exclusive to Cerf Volant Service.
Very well made though for some inexplicable reason it doesn't have yoyo glides. As it rolls up (and multi roll ups) so well I'm not sure what thats all about but easily remedied. It also doesn't come with weights. Get some.
Its a very easy kite to tune to do tricks how you like them. Without weight it does very, very easy two pop roll ups and pretty good flat spin stuff whilst as you add weights you can dial in the one pop and manage to keep the two pop...sweet.
It needs a little bit of wind to get going - certainly not an UL but once it does... :evil:
Christain flies with 15grms though I've tended to go for 20grms though thats partly due to some stiffish winds recently when I've flown. It does everything in a snappy style. Its not a laid back fly - really feels like you should be tricking it, though its not twitchy with oversteer. It does everything I can do very easily, (now that I can do cometes it does them as well) and I can very occasionally pull off a yoyo fade.
Even with the poor euro rate its a good buy - (190 euros so around the £135) and you get some wind brakes thrown in and free p&p.
Overal I think Dominique and Laurent did a good job in making this kite available to all of us.
Jeremy
Stratford upon Avon
England

Alain

Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:35 am

hey nice review Jeremy!
did you compare it to a Virus yet?
Alain

jrharrold
FA Supporter
FA Supporter
Topic Author

Fri Apr 22, 2005 12:31 pm

I haven't done a back to back test yet, but my impression is it spins flatter compared to the virus which I assume is due to the lack of winglets. It perhaps also is slightly less pitchy.
I'll let craig have a fly and see what he thinks.
Jeremy

Stratford upon Avon

England

Martin
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Wed May 11, 2005 9:28 am

We played at the FWC... top kite :D

www.fracturedaxel.co.uk

R Autrey

Sat May 14, 2005 4:22 pm

The Virus and Neutron were two kites that I wanted to try out while at the FWC Just never got t it.