Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Andy S

grantyg
Topic Author

Sub Zero Review

Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:08 pm

Hi All,
Well after all the positive comments I ordered a sub zero, as Pim works alone the kite took 4 weeks to arrive but that isn`t a problem as I have experience other companies taking 2 months after I ordered the kite.

It was a long 4 week wait but it was well worth it, it arrived yesterday morning and the postie was greeted by a half asleep flu ridden monster.

I had taken the day off work as I was snotty and didn`t have a voice but when I opened the door I noticed blue sky and 3 mph wind, not even broken arms and legs would stop me playing with a new kite in perfect conditions.

The bag is excellent as Khite reported but a wee bit snug.
The build quality is fantastic as good as any of the companies out there.
The kite was smaller than I had imagined but looked great. Dutch kites have a large range of colour schemes for this design and he will do custom as well.
I`m not going to go into technical details so straight to the flying bit.......

The kite was flown on 45` 65lb line and finger straps.
The kite flys like nothing else I have flown it spins fast and feels light, initally it felt twitchy but once I got used to it I was pulling off square cuts.

Freestyle is where this kite comes into it`s own axels took me time to get them flat and clean but once I got the angles sorted I was able to do them fast, slow, flat, rising and multiples.
The 540 spin is nice it kind of bounces in and rises looking almost old skool stranger like (that could just be me)
Cascades, fountains slot machines etc are all easy peasy but I found fades easier on this kite than any other that I have flown they are so conrtolable and easy to backspin & backspin cascade.
The lazy susans were not as flat as I had expected but again this was my 1st flight.
Wraps etc are all there and I feel this is a kite that is going to keep me busy trying new combos, it felt very upto date and non restrictive.

So I loved it!! as far as ultralights go I don`t reacon it will fly in no wind/indoor conditions but for the 2mph - 8mph range it is the bees knees.
I always expected ultralights to work in zero wind but for that get a small 3 - foot kite on 15 foot lines I have a spice by spirit of air which is along the hot pepper style kite (without the hideous graphic)
All I can say is BUY THIS KITE ASAP.

Well done to Pim he is a talented designer and I look forward with great anticipation to the development of dutch kites!

:D :cool:

Pim Kusters

Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:00 pm

Thanx for the kind words.

I'm glad you're so happy with the kite.

gr pim