Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Andy S

sprdbryj
Topic Author

Vented Cosmic

Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:58 pm

Not so much a review as a recommendation. After a year plus of ownership, I reckon I've flown it enough in a variety of different conditions to have an unbiased view so here it is...

The vented Cosmic is in a different league to any other vented kite I've ever flown. Yes its eye wateringly expensive but its fantastic. It has a huge wind range (even more when you stuff the LE), and shrugs off gusty condiditions better than any other design I've flown. It is the only kite I've ever flown where the vented is virtualy as good as the standard and thats saying a lot given just how good the Cosmic TC is. it will do what the TC will do but in conditions where you'd pack up and go home if you were flying pretty much anything else.

Simply put, if you don't have a vented, don't spend your money on anything else. Save up and buy one of these. It really is that good!

N.B. I have absolutely no relationship with Kitehouse!

tgeorgo

Re: Vented Cosmic

Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:42 am

I'd have to agree with this post. I recently acquired my Cosmic TC vented via the phalanx of kites sale here on FA. Simply put it is awesome. Average winds here are 15-20 with gusts to 25 and tricking with a non-vented kite is impossible. My JoE Talon Vented is a close second but other than these two kites I have to wait for one of those rare light wind days (thats under 15mph here) or go inland into one of the valleys where the wind is lighter but swirling from multiple directions.

If you are in a place with stronger winds I strongly recommend this kite. I have an X Vtd on order from Alpha kites (another very expensive kite) and I am really looking forward to how it will compare.

Happy flipping and floating.

Aloha,
T