Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Andy S

sprdbryj
Topic Author

SuperFly

Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:26 pm

After months of waiting, still no SuperFly review from a top UK flyer?

There's a bit of video around and a review of sorts on GWTW but now't on FA. Whassup?

Infinitive

Re: SuperFly

Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:58 pm

Isn't that because the kite became vaporware half a year ago? I'm sure as soon as people actually own them there will be some reviews.

In the meantime, here is a predictive review:

Quite fast and flicky like a Fury .85, but prettier when doing flatspin-class tricks and better on its back.
-------------------------------------- Al --------------------------------------

Zippy8

Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:46 pm

Infinitive wrote:
Isn't that because the kite became vaporware half a year ago? I'm sure as soon as people actually own them there will be some reviews.

Some escaped. People have written about it and even managed to capture it on video. But the queue of disgruntled customers seem to have gone very quiet. Either they have their kites but don't want to talk about it or..... something else.

The website is still up.

Mike.

lasapcheong

SuperFly

Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:40 pm

Been 2 months since I got mine and I'm still trying to adapt to it.

Only at the beach when I did take it out but inland type gusty wind, I don't really wanna bother...

One thing I can say regarding the locked in turtle, I learnt a bunch of stuff that is pretty much accessible only on this kite such as - Cyniques, Inverse Rolling Cascades, Le Twix, "The Goff" etc. those stand out for me.

-Darryl
"One Day I'll learn to comete my quad and hover my dual line for a minute anywhere in the window"

Hawkerhunter
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:00 am

how long did you have to wait from ordering to receiving your SF

Flying Fish

Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:06 am

In my case, about 8 months. But because I wanted a custom colour, Chris had said mine would take longer, as he wanted to get a few batches with standard colours out first.

harveystubbs

Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:34 pm

Dromel wrote:

In my case, about 8 months. But because I wanted a custom colour, Chris had said mine would take longer, as he wanted to get a few batches with standard colours out first.

Hhhmmm ..... 8 Months is a long time. Was it worth it? I quote from the website :-

After over 8 months of development and countless prototypes the SuperFly is finally ready for sale....

So in a way you were warned ! ;)

lasapcheong wrote:
Been 2 months since I got mine and I'm still trying to adapt to it.

Only at the beach when I did take it out but inland type gusty wind, I don't really wanna bother...

One thing I can say regarding the locked in turtle, I learnt a bunch of stuff that is pretty much accessible only on this kite such as - Cyniques, Inverse Rolling Cascades, Le Twix, "The Goff" etc. those stand out for me.

-Darryl

I have heard the kite is not great in bumpy winds which is odd as the website says it has 'one of the widest wind ranges of any kite available on the market'. I know bumpy wind isn't the same as low wind but if the kite performs in low wind then you would expect to handle inland winds ok ?!

I have emailed Chris and have only had two responses to date in about 12 months. I would like to try/ buy one and love the sail pattern.

In my most recent email I asked about the build time. That was 6 weeks ago and I have not received a response. :(

I was told by him that he didn't do custom colours too ! :roll:

Flying Fish

Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:27 pm

Was it worth it?

My first impression is here. Since then, I've flown it more, of course, and it has definitely been worth the wait for me. It's a kite unlike any other trick kite I have, I definitely seem to click with it, and I've done things with it that I didn't even try to do with my other kites (keep in mind that my trick repertoire is very basic still).

It's not an UL kite; it does need some wind to get going, say 5mph or so. I've only flown it in variable inland winds, and I don't feel it's struggling more with it than my other trick kites.

So bottom line is that I like the kite :cool: