Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Andy S

Zippy8

Re: CR Element vs Benson Deepspace?

Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:15 pm

lasapcheong wrote:
The sweet spot for doing most tricks sitting down in a chair is reallly narrow.

As if this thread didn't have more than its fair share of crazy. :-)

Its a fast kite but I find it hard to slow the pitch and rotations down, plus when the wind picks up it gets too brutally fast.

Then you'd hate the Element. It gets very fast and unhelpful at higher wind speeds. But then again it's not meant for higher wind speeds so....

Mike,
uncurrent, according to The Voices.

Vee
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:55 pm

Don't worry ABP, I know Zippy & he knows me.

I am, by the way, female.

My kite preferences are well known here: when I want something mad, I want something madder than a bag of monkeys, a stranger level 7 or the prototype Expresso from Airdynamics are current favourites. Otherwise I like something deliberate, I love my fury (full size) and also my insider. I am far from a trickster, but I find it easier to learn tricks on something slow that will tolerate large inputs.
Love Veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Needs to fly more, now that I can.

fworley
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:17 am

berkeley64608 wrote:
@fraser:
Were YOU referencing ME flying comp kites? SO??? Were you just making shit up just to be fapping out loud on the innernet? I dont compete, I AM setting up The West Coast TP but your not invited. So i guess that's like a competition. If THAT'S what your talking about? Have you been talking to dave s. or something?

@Berkley Zipcode:

NO I was NOT referencing YOU. YOU do realize there are OTHER people WHO fly comp. kites in THE U.S.A?

NOT invited to YOUR tp event? Dude? Say it 'aint so !

The THREE-THOUSAND miles between me and the venue would in NO WAY have discouraged me from attending !

This IS a body blow, howEVER will I come to terms with THE disappointment?

Still, its prolly just as well as YOU know the ONLY time I've competed in TP (or otherwise) I finished DEAD last - as YOU say I am SHIT flier.

So, I am NOT a WORTHY entrant for your prestigious event - shame on ME - shame on ME !!

-Frazer

berkeley64608

Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:56 am

Oh my goodness, I'm sorry Ms. Vee I Didn't know.
Will never happen again.

@fraser: Whoa edit master... Yeah, your not invited to compete because you dont live on the west coast. Thats pretty simple isnt it? & its not MY Tricks Party..Its for everyone. I'm just trying to set it up and pay for part of it so that the people flying dont have to deal with that stuff.. I even have a sponsor whos going to fit half of the bill. Where did you get all that other stuff from? Fuck dude i was even going ask you and those other guys on the east coast to judge. They were going to put you all up. omg Whatevvr...ALSO I didnt say you were a shit flyer. Might want to re-read that again. The word was flippy-floppy a phrase which mr. chilese coined didnt he?
sorry if youre offended but i didnt say any of that...shit. that you just went off on.
Now please... sit down and eat your hat full of dicks before they get cold.

Sorry D.. Every time i answer your questions on FA the thread gets jacked
by that guy mike being a boorish twat & me not backing out when i should..
Wasting more time that I don't have on stupid bullshit.
Such a easy question to answer and I totally blew it by not backing up or backing out. No biggie.

So one more round (ding ding) then I'm out....

I must tell y'all...these cell phone things are amazing.
I can get a call from Canada. I can get a call from right down the road here in California. I can get a call from completely across the nation on the east coast of America. All at the same time. Totally amazing. All those calls, one would think they had something to say?

Nope.
Aside from giggles they all just said Mike..that Zippy guy online....
He's Butt Hurt... Butt hurt? About what? I guess you told him off or something?
Now he's Whining over on the GWTW forums. Trying to get attention.
You FA guys..and gals :wink: should check it out, just in case I do the same thing to you.... :roll: Internet defense 101a

I didn't realize it when I called it 'another forum' mike would think it was gwtw.
Sorry bruh-bruh BUT I dont really internet hang out with Ye' olde redneck crowd like you do. After a few of those white supremest emails and some "kitegoon" calling me mean names talking about weird kidnapping scenarios. I just never went back.
Dude.. is that a mustache ride advert on the sidebar?? wtf?

There's only like 6 or 7 people on that forum who are local here, I pretty much fly with 1 or 2 of them in the marina. So asking there at gwtw.. is silly. BUT i can guess why you went there. Just to stir the shit. Which is funny.. cause someone actually mentioned that it could possibly happen. Kudos dude if you're reading this.

Let see..Some guy I've never met who emailed me through FA asking me to send him one of my kites that i had made..he said I was drunk. FYI I'm NOT...and ANON I'm not either. Some guy said I was crazy, but isn't that the same guy who was talking the Jesus stuff on the older forum?. Some just replied because they're stuck in rut of a job and are just sitting at a computer and have nothing else to do except talk online. Some.. Just said stupid shit that doesnt even pertain to the topic..
Whatevr Typical gwtw Talking for talking sake. Mike Pwning newbs for being overly enthusiastic of their recent kite purchases and dissing their reviews like they're not worthy. Is that because of Lam? You guys got beef? Just wondering.

ROTFL...
The ridicule from my fellow kite flyers?...It doesnt hurt me..
Companionship on the field?...Wait a minute...Nope i got that part wrong too.
I really like hanging out with?....nope don't do that either.

You've got what? 60 Merkins feeling sorry for you mike.. ROFL... maybe they all can send you some internet hugs and kisses to your facebook bro...Mike I'm sorry.....
THEY SAID IT...They said you were jerky whilst flying. I DIDNT SAY IT.. though i did repeat it...I've never seen you fly a kite. But strangely...I believe THEM...ROFL!!
AND IAN (much respect) But...NO I'm not "pulling his chain" He's pulling his own chain. And I'm calling BS on the lot.

That's all.
Cheers to you all, I hope you and yours are well.
peace

kitekid
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:26 am

This is funny. I was just reading on 'another kite forum' this very afternoon that the GWTW Forum was overrun by liberals and that was why they left.

Guess you can be all things to all people.
Steve

lasapcheong
Topic Author

Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:34 am

Obijuan: From the kites I own gotta say the Widow Maker standard. Great low wind range and handling both from low to high, pretty neutral and not too fast makes this a prime candidate. I'm not an elite trick flyer, maybe average by standards here and I don't like to over promise on things I can't deliver but I hope to do a video of this some day when conditions permit.

Berk: No need apologies man. We can be whoever we want to be on the Internet. It's cool man. Entertaining digression is worthy digression.

I have to say this thread is a really funny diversion from the working hours here at the equator :)

-D
"One Day I'll learn to comete my quad and hover my dual line for a minute anywhere in the window"

Jason
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:50 am

I've seen both of these kites flown awesomely by Chris Goff. However I think that's probably where the similarity ends.

KaoS
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:08 am

berkeley64608 wrote:
... I even have a sponsor whos going to fit half of the bill.

I wonder where he's going to fit it :shock:
Kevin Sanders

Willunga
South Australia

berkeley64608

Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:22 am

sorry, must mean something different where you are from.
or its some kind of wise crack.

It means some foolish company (an energy drink client of mine with claws and not a cow) has somewhat agreed to pay for the hotel rooms that are next to the field where I fly. There's a newer addition to the hotel that hasn't been getting a lot of guests, truthfully I've never seen the place totally full but if i can get it to coincide between trade shows then this will totally work. I have a sublimation printer that has agreed to donate printing on poly for banners and kites and so I will have around 200 printed sails for kids to construct. It'll cost us roughly $9 to $11,000 US total including a boat ride at the end of the day. Aiming at spring 11. I've been staring at this spread for a couple of months wondering where i could skimp on costs but it always adds up to around that number, including permits, laborers, a volunteer lunch and hiring the mandatory 4 officers to police the gathering and parking, as well as trash pick up and porta potties. There will be a small prepared foods concession area as well as a farmers/artisans market and some hard goods vendors that I have to arrange with the city but that stuff I have done before for street fests. And the whammy?....Insurance. That blew my mind. It'll work but I do need some help to figure out what exactly is going to happen and how it is going to happen. Its not that huge an event for the area but the space is a public space and everything we screw up is accountable for. The wranglers will be invited and hopefully they can put on a great single line display as always. I have also invited a co-op of artists who will install/display art pieces throughout the area ( one guy does really cool looking sublimated art on organza fabrics that will translate really well ) along with some pretty cool wind generated pvc/abs harps (aolean?sp) It should be a neat happening it i can get it on track.

hope that helps clear up the explanation & language problem.
sorry for the length.
ta :-D

@fraser: Hey man after reading that shit...sorry for that jab. I truly didnt realize you were in a TP. Didn't mean it in any sort of hateful way. I'm not a hater like That.
I feel that i touched a nerve that maybe i shouldn't have by mentioning TP, but I didn't know it was That low of a blow dude. Sorry man. Really. If you want to cuss me out feel free i fucked up mentioning that to you. And again sorry I didn't want to dog you out like that.
Keep the faith man.
Last edited by berkeley64608 on Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Andy S
King of FA

Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:15 am

Glad that's all cleared up. :rolleyes:

Now can we help OP with some comparisons between the Element and DS?

berkeley64608

Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:31 am

i strangely think we already did......

sorry for doing that shit again Andy. :roll:

fworley
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:36 pm

berkeley64608 wrote:
@fraser: Hey man after reading that shit...sorry for that jab. I truly didnt realize you were in a TP. Didn't mean it in any sort of hateful way. I'm not a hater like That.
I feel that i touched a nerve that maybe i shouldn't have by mentioning TP, but I didn't know it was That low of a blow dude. Sorry man. Really. If you want to cuss me out feel free i fucked up mentioning that to you. And again sorry I didn't want to dog you out like that.
Keep the faith man.

[vernacular=on]
All done ? Really ? Thats all ya got ? C'mon man ...

There I go getting all ready with can of "Whup Ass" and you cry Uncle !

Oh FFS.

Fear not, fear not ! S'all good duuude. My feelings are not hurt. I was just fugging with ya.

FTR, I have no delusions, or pride when it comes to my kite flying or my meagre bag o'tricks. TP? I sucked dude (a little less every round tho). But it was cool, I got to hang with a bunch of swell folks and watch my betters fly some amazing shit. Dope. I'm doing more of the the same again this weekend - back to ODSKC - and I'm making a tit of myself Novice Ballet (for the first time). Again, I've not nothing, no time or wind (inland sucks ass dude, sucks ass !) to practise anything. So I'm winging it. I do not expect much, I may very well finish dead last again, ho hum, as my dear old Grannie always said "nevermind, someone has to finish last dear, now where does your mother hide the gin?"

Yeah, I like to fly comp. kites and appreciate them flown well in routines. But that don't make me a competition flier, no Sir !, faaaar from it.

As for me judging or something like that, Gawd no ... not me :lol: But I'll crew ... for Biscotti.

Good luck with that there comp thing though. Don't leave it too long (like the week before the comp or anything) before having a word with Roger.
[vernacular=off]

-Frazer

tricksyme

Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:11 pm

The Element was limited to 50, including those going to supported flyers. Good luck finding one. And much as I like mine it has a very individual flavour. Nobody dislikes the DS.

Mike.[/quote]

I spoke with Chris today, there are a few red/blue elements left.
Which i was suprised about.

kevspilly

Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:59 am

there are a few red/blue elements left.

Hmmmm...... I wonder why that is.
All that matters in life is kite flying, love and work ….preferably in that order.

In the bag; Shhhhh... far too many to mention, don't tell the Missus!

ObijuanKenobe

Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:46 pm

I think the Element probably flies like a bag of dicks unless Chris is flying it.

I didn't know we could get all gansta and shit up in here. Right fuckin' on.

I leave for a few weeks and....

(delete this if necessary, of course!)

obi
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." L daVinci