Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Andy S

jo
Topic Author

Trick lines

Fri Jan 30, 2004 3:51 pm

Well the trick line falls off my seduction so I have had to find ways round that............... but considered opinion
To trick line or not to trick line????
Any views is it a hindrance or a benefit, I have been told both.

Any clarification on this would help

Andy S
King of FA

Fri Jan 30, 2004 3:53 pm

I'd say: If it comes with a trick line, leave it. In some cases, such as on the Gemini, it actually pulls the wingtips in slightly and maintains the right shape.

If it comes without a trick line... it's like that for a reason. Learn to live without it. I've never found they stop me tipwrapping anyway. ;)

Craig
Site Admin and Supporter
Site Admin and Supporter

Fri Jan 30, 2004 4:18 pm

Not to sit on the fence, but why not try it both ways, see what you like best. You may need some tending lines to stop spine wraps but thats all.

BTW the Dot Matrix comes with a trick line, er if you use it on the Dot it should be called a STOP trick line !!!

Martin
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Fri Jan 30, 2004 4:26 pm

i used to worship in the church of the trick line, but in recent times i have been introduces to a new flavor of kite... one that id devoid of all tyhings trick line and i must say... the presence of a trick line makes u lazy imho
when i first started flying the furio i got tip wraps constantly... but i have learned to give slack to my kite now and the incidenc od wrappage has diminished alot.

so i believe to learn without is to learn properly in the first place

www.fracturedaxel.co.uk

SteveR
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Fri Jan 30, 2004 4:29 pm

Ive got a trick line on the dot, and can confirm it stops any turtle based trick completely, although the downside is tip wraps and crashes.... martin has the righ idea in avoiding tip wraps.
Wonder why the phantom has a trick line???? and its permanenlty fixed unless u undo the know at the end of the trick line....

Davey

Fri Jan 30, 2004 4:34 pm

Sometimes it's part of the framing... Or at least would seem to be.

Take the Psycho for example - There's enough tension on the trickline to bring in the tips, just a shadow, but perhaps enough to make it an integral part of the kites design?
Davey
::
Nope, I hadn't fallen off the map. Although one would be excused for thinking so...

Craig
Site Admin and Supporter
Site Admin and Supporter

Fri Jan 30, 2004 4:38 pm

The Phantom originally never came with a trick line, it was added at a later date by Tim, remember they were the "vogue" thing on all late 90's kites. Take it off, you don't need it, it will make no difference.

SteveR
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Fri Jan 30, 2004 4:48 pm

I am going to craig.. it did stike me as completely irrelevant