Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Andy S

honchoboy
Topic Author

NMKG Builds - #1 Intro

Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:03 pm

For 2019 I am going to try and post a number of threads with the aim of documenting some of my upcoming kite builds. This is as much for my benefit, as although I keep a notebook I am dreadful at just scribbling down notes that jump all over the place (6 months later I look back and go, hmm, so what did I mean there?)

The topics, I guess, will range from complete build threads (there are already loads of good ones done by other people), to information on suppliers and materials I tend to use, focused build aspects e.g. how I tend to do noses, more general stuff e.g. thread tension, some theory discussions (I’ll link to anything I have found useful over the years)...and maybe a diary to follow on a prototype that I need to get out of my system.

The way I build is just that, my way - it does not mean you have to follow my word! There are many ways to achieve the same result. Admittedly, some ways are better than others.

I’m going to keep the titles of the threads as ‘NMKG Builds #...’ so that I can try and keep some element of organisation to them.
I hope you find something in them that is interesting, and please be patient with me.

If there is a topic/build/discussion that you would like to see covered in future posts then PM me. Not that I might have the answer or the desire for a particular build but at least it will keep me on my toes, and if I don’t know then we can find out together.

So here goes, I’m off to pour a cold beer or three, and start typing something simple for the first post which is relevant to all kite builds - How I make a kite sleeve.

Last edited by honchoboy on Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ian
Northern Monkeys Kite Group

UK STACK Freestyle Champion '18

IanM

Re: NMKG Builds - #1 Intro

Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:53 am

Brilliant looking forward to this :)