Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Andy S

Stan Doff
FA Supporter
FA Supporter
Topic Author

Climax bridle line

Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:20 am

I bought some of this rated at 90 daN (about 90kg) and damn,it's thin,thinner than the last bit of 150lb (about 68kg) stuff I got from the FA shop.

Anybody used this and had any issues with it?

I have always assumed that,separate to strength,thicker bridle line would be preferable- easier to work with and won't cut into the kite so much.

SteveC

Re: Climax bridle line

Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:26 am

I've used it before and yes it is very thin! I've had no real problems with it , though it does seem a bit 'stiffer' than the Benson line I've bought from Craig in the past. The only thing I'd warn you about is make sure you get the knots in the right places because once you've tighten them down - especially if you've flown the kite - they're an absolute bitch to untie again!! ( much swearing and split nails!). If I bought some again I'd go for a higher breaking strain just to get a bit thicker line to work with.
Current Bag:- HQ Shadow, Spiderkites Zodarion, Flying Wings Soul, Old blue HQ Jive , 'PAW' modded HQ Maestro II, Delta Hawk,

711jrp

Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:29 pm

I found it shrinks after it gets wet, not a great property for the use.
Pete
Fivers are alive
50% of the dognappers

Stan Doff
FA Supporter
FA Supporter
Topic Author

Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:24 pm

SteveC wrote:
.......make sure you get the knots in the right places because once you've tighten them down - especially if you've flown the kite - they're an absolute bitch to untie again!! ( much swearing and split nails!). ......

That's the sort of thing I was concerned about.

711jrp wrote:
I found it shrinks after it gets wet, not a great property for the use.

Ouch,.......I've lost count of the number of times my gemini has been swimming.

Thanks for the responses,guys.