Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Andy S

Ara Ararauna

Re: Advise: Dog attack on Sea Devil Vented

Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:02 pm

It is not that people in Barcelona take notice of the law or signs either, unfortunately.
However, I have not had any serious incidents with dogs up until now.
If I see a bothering dog I really shout at it to shoo it away.
On the other hand I shout at the owner: "watch out, this kite costs 250€ and if something occurs you'll have to pay for it". After a short face of incredulity and after a second warning they tend to call their dog and put it under control.
The other point is that I do tell the owners, you should really have your dog on a lead and then they answer "And kiting is not allowed her... and moreover what if you damage something with your kite?". To which I answer:
1. there is no law forbidding kite flying in public parks
2. I have a national air sports federation member card which includes an insurance in case any mishap occurs. Do you have an insurance?
They then leave with their tail between their legs and the dog on a lead...

The two worse incidents I had was a dog peeing on one of my kite bags which really got me p*ssed (!)
And the second a stupid dog that almost pees on me (!) while I was kneeling down folding my kite away. The stupid dog came from behind and lifted its foot as if I were a f*ck*ng tree!!!
I just couldn't believe it! But fortunately I scared the thing away before it left any drops out...

But then again, it is not the poor animals' fault. The owners are the ones to blame and keep under control.

So there you have a few more arguments in case you guys are also federated in the UK. Sometimes it can be powerful to waive the official card in front of the stupid offender's face...
In my bag...
Duals: No-name (No-brand), Nexus (Prism), Talon UL (JoE), Soul (Flying Wings), LeQuartz (own build), Illusion Classic (Prism), Aura 4.7Oz (Sky Burner), Sixth Sense STD (Krijn)
Singles: Conyne STD (my design)

pink

Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:09 pm

you were lucky that dog want a pis only ;-).
Anyway here in ireland i have similar problems for good any damage yet - few unsuccesful attacs, after last one i print out irish dog act with statemant that all dogs should be under controll of their owners if they cannot controll them should be on leash, and i can imagine small claims court is the only way.
(some dogs are smart, some are realy stupid)

and i always say my kite does not make pis, poo and is on leash x2

i hate dog shite, and i can say dogs in Ireland/UK/Scotland have more rights than humans.

ps. i have cat.
Prism Nexus, Chris Matheson - Midi Sandpiper, DIY Le Quartz, R-Sky Diablis, DIY Pink S.U.L
CIM - Fireman, DIY SunDog Fighter

http://pinkfloodesign.com/

Marc
Topic Author

Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:36 pm

Anyone have alternative contact details for Lam?

Not had a response and I've tried the web contact form and about 3 variations of his emails address.
“Imagination is the highest kite one can fly” ~ Lauren Bacall

fworley
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:44 pm

Marc wrote:
Anyone have alternative contact details for Lam?

Not had a response and I've tried the web contact form and about 3 variations of his emails address.

Try Facebook.

-Frazer

Marc
Topic Author

Wed May 01, 2013 8:08 pm

Hmmm... still nothing. Any other ideas?
“Imagination is the highest kite one can fly” ~ Lauren Bacall

pink

Thu May 02, 2013 9:58 am

D.I.Y!
Prism Nexus, Chris Matheson - Midi Sandpiper, DIY Le Quartz, R-Sky Diablis, DIY Pink S.U.L
CIM - Fireman, DIY SunDog Fighter

http://pinkfloodesign.com/