Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Andy S

Ara Ararauna
Topic Author

"Santa" brought me my new LeQuartz!!!!

Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:05 pm

Hi!

Finally! I have now my new LeQuartz fully finished and I flew it today for the first time!  :lol:

Here you have some images from the construction process (at some point I was so tense and concentrated I completely forgot to take more pictures...)
https://plus.google.com/photos/107184604178095062123/albums/5827053007099493201

And here are some pictures of the finished kite and a short video of the maiden flight:
https://plus.google.com/photos/107184604178095062123/albums/5827058912730569185

However, the wind was not collaborating today...
It was only a gentle breeze that could barely hold the kite up. Moreover it was very irregular very often falling to no wind at all...
So I had to row a lot.
Nonetheless, the kite flew in this little air, so I'm happy with the lower end of the range (it is not a UL in any way though).
In the video you will see an almost 540 towards the end (this is the bait for you to watch one of the most boring videos in history! But it is the FIRST flight of my newly built kite so it has a reason of being...  :roll: :wink:   ).

I really cannot provide an opinion of how it flies due to the wind conditions. It seems to be slow at turning (or slower than my Soul and Talon) but I will be able to better tell when the wind is decent.

I can now REALLY appreciate the difficulty and hours spent in the construction of a dual liner so I can understand the prices of those hand-made kites in the market.
My deepest respect to all of you professional kite-builders.    :)

At home it has been chaos throughout the process since we do not have sufficient space (let alone a place that could be dedicated) for the construction... So I had to set-up and put away every day or every few hours of working. This was really a drag.

In any case I'm Soooooooooooooooo happy and proud of my first stunt kite build!    :cool: :biggrin: :D

Cheers!
In my bag...
Duals: No-name (No-brand), Nexus (Prism), Talon UL (JoE), Soul (Flying Wings), LeQuartz (own build), Illusion Classic (Prism), Aura 4.7Oz (Sky Burner), Sixth Sense STD (Krijn)
Singles: Conyne STD (my design)

SteveC

Re: "Santa" brought me my new LeQuartz!!!!

Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:13 pm

Excellent for a first build! Well done Ara! =D> =D>

You will get a better idea of how it is going to fly when you get better wind.

The first of many?
Current Bag:- HQ Shadow, Spiderkites Zodarion, Flying Wings Soul, Old blue HQ Jive , 'PAW' modded HQ Maestro II, Delta Hawk,

Ara Ararauna
Topic Author

Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:22 pm

SteveC wrote:
Excellent for a first build! Well done Ara! =D> =D>

You will get a better idea of how it is going to fly when you get better wind.

Thanks!
Yes, hopefully tomorrow there will be better winds.

SteveC wrote:
The first of many?

Whew! I can't answer that at this moment. I'm really saturated of construction steps, being careful not to mess it up, looking carefully at the sewing machine so that nothing gets tangled, being really careful with the soldering iron not to cut what I shouldn't... :shock:
Also not having a good space to do all the work is a true handicap. My family has had a lot of patience these last 15 days and I don't think this is operational in the future.

For now I'll stick to flying for some time and keep learning my tricks, with a new acquisition that supposedly will teach me fades.

Cheers!
In my bag...
Duals: No-name (No-brand), Nexus (Prism), Talon UL (JoE), Soul (Flying Wings), LeQuartz (own build), Illusion Classic (Prism), Aura 4.7Oz (Sky Burner), Sixth Sense STD (Krijn)
Singles: Conyne STD (my design)

honchoboy

Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:37 pm

SteveC wrote:
The first of many?

Ara Ararauna wrote:
Whew! I can't answer that at this moment.

I reckon you will. With all the fantastic plans that have appeared in the last few years alone it would be rude not to :mrgreen:

Great first build Ara. The stitching looks very neat. Well done.
Ian
Northern Monkeys Kite Group

UK STACK Freestyle Champion '18