Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Andy S

SparkieRob
Topic Author

Re: The ulitmate traveller sport kite?

Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:36 am

Revolution B2, if you want to go that way, packs down to a bit over 25". In the 2 wrap framed Standard you're good from 2-20 mph.

That is IF you want to go THAT way...

seales

Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:07 am

Are you attempting hand luggage only? I managed to the fit a Superfly, a little longer than the DS length you quoted, diagonally in my hold luggage recently. Paid particular attention to make sure everything was snug and not sliding into an unsupported kite - might have made a difference as it survived fine.

Hand luggage size will be limited by whatever spars aren't tapered if you cut + ferrule everything else. Older gemini's seemed to have a taper free frame (6mm+P200 LS's could be converted to a full 3 piece or more, not 100% it would be strong enough but you could always stuff the spar ends to help).

DD

Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:45 am

Flown many times with a ds, sano and vana broke down, velcroed together and carried on.

SparkieRob
Topic Author

Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:28 am

Old topic.

The 7.5 from SKD (Sportkitedesign) has a 3 piece leading edge which would pack down real small. Its a full size kite at nearly 2.4m but a triple fold would get it into carry on..?

fworley
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:59 pm

SparkieRob wrote:
The 7.5 from SKD (Sportkitedesign) has a 3 piece leading edge which would pack down real small. Its a full size kite at nearly 2.4m but a triple fold would get it into carry on..?

But its still going to have longish speaders and spine - unless they fold too - you're not going to gain very much.

-Frazer

timorohn

Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:19 pm

Always take an old school Psyco with me and more recent a Superfly. And always several different sets of lines.

Coogee
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:13 am

Take a Zero G with you, very versatile little kite and really good fun. Make sure you pack some extra flying line as dragging it around in a city environment it wears out fast. I took one away with me to China and flew it nearly every day for 2 months. Flew in some pretty odd spots and people loved it. Great kite!
Mike

Coogee
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:30 am

Still love flying 2 lines but am really enjoying the change of pace with the glider kites. Have been flying my mates Mega Plutz and it has bullshit glides in absolutely no wind. Have put my hand up for an iFlite and will have it soon and yes it looks like you could fly it in a lot of urban spaces that would normally be non flyable. I reckon I may be able to get an iFlite in my back pocket, soon see anyway!

Mike