Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Andy S, Jason

edle
Topic Author

Androgyn - Any info. on this kite.

Sat May 01, 2010 5:49 pm

Any opinion on this kite ?
I heard there is no tail weight on this kite.
Who is selling it and how much when new ?

I google the Maker of the kite(Windfactory) but can't find anything. Is it out-of-business ? I think FA used to sell this kite a year ago.

Thanks...

datenland
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Re: Androgyn - Any info. on this kite.

Sat May 01, 2010 6:50 pm

Sadly, there's nothing to google anymore; Windfactory got divorced, which killed their business. There are a few around, I have the regular one and built myself a slightly bigger version a few months ago and like to fly it very much. I think it's a very good kite, nothing invented trickwise since then it can't do. At the time it was new I was quite impressed with the tracking capabilities built into a trick-kite, on the other hand this has developed a lot, so you will find the same qualities in kites like Cosmic, TNT and probably in the new "Gentleman".

Erik
You can make your neighbours think that you have fluorescent lights in all the rooms in your house by quickly turning the lights on and off several times before leaving them on.

Zippy8

Sun May 02, 2010 6:30 am

edle wrote:
Any opinion on this kite ?

Naturally. The search function is your friend here. Narrow it down to the Reviews section while you're about it.

I heard there is no tail weight on this kite.

You heard correct.

Who is selling it and how much when new ?

As mentioned before the maker, Windfactory, is sadly no longer with us. £235 for a regular STD, £260 for the Aerostuffed version, both of which weren't unreasonable for what you got.

I google the Maker of the kite(Windfactory) but can't find anything. Is it out-of-business ?

All that you'll find is via The Wayback Machine and that's not much.

I think FA used to sell this kite a year ago.

It entered the shop in December 2006.

It remains the kite I reach for when the wind is right. Lovely technical flying - does more than I can. The UL that I picked up is "just" a reduced frame weight version.

Mike.

edle
Topic Author

Sun May 02, 2010 10:26 pm

Thanks for the detail info. =D> =D> =D>