Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Andy S, Jason

Stink_Finger
Topic Author

Gemini bridle

Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:39 pm

I've been looking at the 'getting out of a yo-yo' thread & noticed comments on there about the Gem bridle set up...

This is the best picture I could get of the bridle on my own Gem & I cant figure out why the left hand bridle is connected to the right hand spine & vice-verca. Is it a standard bridle or a custom job?
Ive had the kite about a month & am still learning, but I can axle, flic-flac and other basic stuff but I'm finding it difficult to lazy susan or spin from a fade. With the kite on its back the bridle seems to pull the wrong side of the kite.

I'd also like to know what effect/benefits there are in weighting the kite.
Thanks in advance...
Driving a VW Camper, flying Bensons! (OS, Gemini, DS)

Craig
Site Admin and Supporter
Site Admin and Supporter

Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:52 pm

What you have is the std. original bridle and kite, nothing wrong with it at all.

IMO. don't worry about weighting and Yo-yos and more modern stuff, there are other kites that do it better. Enjoy it for what it is not what it isn't :)

Keithgrif
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:55 pm

This looks like a std gem bridle to me, see Andy Wardley's pages:

http://wardley.org/kites/bridle/index.html
Keith
STACK UK
National Director 2006-2012

ExGrads pairs, fourth in Europe 2011!!!
Airheads team, 10th in the world 2012

ElusiveStranger

Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:13 pm

It's purple, that's the problem.
Give it to me :badgrin:

SteveC

Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:54 am

With the Lazy Susan you really need to let the nose drop well below horizontal before you initiate the rotation on the Gem. Pulling in the trickline also helps.

If you are at the OSOW event at Rufford next month I'll try and show you if you haven't got it by then ( all being well I should be there).

It looks like a nice original Gem and I would say stick with the original bridle for the time being at least. Having said that, I'm sure I've got a cross active bridle somewhere you can have - if I can find it I'll bring it along to Rufford.
Current Bag:- HQ Shadow, Spiderkites Zodarion, Flying Wings Soul, Old blue HQ Jive , 'PAW' modded HQ Maestro II, Delta Hawk,

Stink_Finger
Topic Author

Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:36 pm

SteveC wrote:
Pulling in the trickline also helps.

?

The OWOS event is on the weekend I am due to become a grandude (I'm far too young to be a grandad!) If there are no developments on that front I'll be at Rufford!
Driving a VW Camper, flying Bensons! (OS, Gemini, DS)

SteveC

Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:42 pm

Stink_Finger wrote:
SteveC wrote:
Pulling in the trickline also helps.

?

The OWOS event is on the weekend I am due to become a grandude (I'm far too young to be a grandad!) If there are no developments on that front I'll be at Rufford!

Shorten the lines from the standoffs to the trick line to 7cm.

Here - http://www.bensontwins.nl/gemini.htm
Current Bag:- HQ Shadow, Spiderkites Zodarion, Flying Wings Soul, Old blue HQ Jive , 'PAW' modded HQ Maestro II, Delta Hawk,