Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Andy S, Jason

Stink_Finger
Topic Author

Benson OS limitations?

Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:20 pm

AAAAAGgggggghhhhh!! :cry:

I've just spent 2 very frustrating (but strangley enjoyable) hours trying to pull off a flapjack with my OS. Am I trying too hard or have I got pigs tits for hands? I am a complete noob at this trick flying and sometimes wonder if some of the tricks I'm trying to learn are too 'New' for my Old School kite, but Bryan Beasley flew my OS last month and left me speechless so I know it's more than capable for a beginner like me.

When I do try the flapjack it never seems to get enough height on the backflip so when I pop one line it just crashes back down without spining and lands back in the launch position. (some kind passer by said it wasnt windy enough today :roll: )

Please tell me it's just me...
Driving a VW Camper, flying Bensons! (OS, Gemini, DS)

Zippy8

Re: Benson OS limitations?

Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:50 pm

Stink_Finger wrote:
When I do try the flapjack it never seems to get enough height on the backflip so when I pop one line it just crashes back down without spining and lands back in the launch position.

Sounds like the kite isn't going deep enough into the Backflip and/or you're not getting enough slack to the non-popped hand when trying to spin it.

Of course the OS has a trick line (active) so this is probably not helping matters with this particular trick.

Mike.

Aeri

Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:34 pm

it can be done... :-) but in light wind... let the kite fall a bit forward and then initiate it... it helps the momentum
Old school was a great school