Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Andy S, Jason

edle
Topic Author

Missing tail weight after a big crash....Nirvana SE !

Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:06 am

My stunt kite pal crashes(head first) his Purple Nirvana SE today afternoon, the tail Velcro came loose and the tail weight was lost. The center spine was push out of the nose assembly. Luckily it didn't make a hole in the sail. The tiny string that tighten the right side wing tip was broken also.

I cannot believed my eyes when it happens. This is a top of the line flagship French kite and things are falling apart after a single crash. My cheap Prism Zephyr survives many many serious high speed crashes and still looks decent.

Now he needs to DIYer 18 grams the tail weight. I know that we can buy a set of tail weights for the Nirvana SE. Do u know their weights ?

Yan

Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:37 am

www.air-one.fr sell the weight kits

"Kit de lest 12, 16, 20 et 24 grs pour spine 6mm R-SKY"

The standard tail weight is 19grams, I have one spare if you want.

Yan
Last edited by Yan on Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Craig
Site Admin and Supporter
Site Admin and Supporter

Re: Missing tail weight after a big crash....Nirvana SE !

Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:14 am

edle wrote:
My stunt kite pal crashes(head first) his Purple Nirvana SE today afternoon, the tail Velcro came loose and the tail weight was lost. The center spine was push out of the nose assembly. Luckily it didn't make a hole in the sail. The tiny string that tighten the right side wing tip was broken also.

I cannot believed my eyes when it happens. This is a top of the line flagship French kite and things are falling apart after a single crash.

R-Sky build quality never has a good time here at FA, but, the Nirvana SE is not a starter sport kite and maybe he should practice on your Prism before he goes slamming the Nirvana nose first into the ground!

Aeri

Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:21 pm

breaking kites is a part of learning to fly...

you don't go complaining to BMW about the broken bumper after you noseplant your brandnew 8-series into a brick wall at 55Mph now do you....?

the important thing is you learned something...

just before the kite hits the lowest point of the air, or, subsequently the highest point of the earth at that location, it helps the kite to throw both arms forward as fast as you can and run forward a litle....

thus completing your first flair...

welcome to FA :-)
Old school was a great school

ObijuanKenobe

Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:08 pm

Yeah, noseplants can do in ANY kite. Just be happy the spine didn't explode. It happens.

obi
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." L daVinci

edle
Topic Author

Thanks for the info. on the Nirvana's weights....

Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:05 pm

Thanks....

I think my friend decided to buy a set of weights from R-Sky. Also he will do some modifications on the SE so the weight will not come off if he do the
n :lol: seplant thing again.

edle
Topic Author

Nirvana SE tail weight...

Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:12 am

Finally my friend didn't buy the original Nirvana SE weight set but he DIY a set of weights out of solid steel rod that he bought from Home Depot and now he is a happy man. Also he modify the SE weight holding system, now the weight will not come off even after a big crash.

Thanks for all the inputs.

Peter

Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:34 pm

so much for cutting down a 6inch nail and using that! just us cheapskates again!!!